So this game had no sidequest/ optional bosses?

#1XyphasPosted 7/6/2013 6:47:41 PM
I thought I read this somewhere. Is this true? Is it just the main story and theres nothing else to do in the game? Tales games usually last me over 60 hours, thats why I like playing them.
---
LBP2 Psn ID: Xyphas
LBP2 Current Projects: Chrono Chrysalis[RPG] Currently Playing: Xenogears, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, ME2, and FF V-VI
#2xbuster77Posted 7/6/2013 6:50:22 PM
it's false, it has 102 quests and optional boss, look at this thread (another user just linked it a while ago, lol) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/616012-tales-of-xillia/64464432
#3MarioakPosted 7/6/2013 6:55:53 PM
It's there just very low number.
Unless you want to count those fetch quest that has no story or a palleted swap of normal enemies/boss
---
"But Mein Fuhrer, I object to this plan"
Damn it, Jodl!
#4magnum7979Posted 7/6/2013 6:56:18 PM
To expand on the 102 side quest. Some are merely just character interaction scene, such as talking to a villager will reveal the background of the world and etc.

As for optional bosses, there are approximately 10 or more unique monster, including the Giganto monsters and the color variation of the Golden Swordman.
---
Malicious.
#5ThowegPosted 7/6/2013 6:57:54 PM
Xyphas posted...
I thought I read this somewhere. Is this true? Is it just the main story and theres nothing else to do in the game? Tales games usually last me over 60 hours, thats why I like playing them.

Don't worry, it has lots of optional quests and some extra boss to fight. The game has lots of contents compared to most jrpgs, even if it has less compared to some other Tales games. See the thread linked by xbuster for more details.
#6VeghEstherPosted 7/6/2013 7:26:08 PM
Just don't fight the gigant monsters ASAP since like Vesperia in this one they show up early enough (like when your at level 10 for 1 dungeon) and that levels below 60 you have no chance in beaten then even on "easy" mode.
#7rkenshin13Posted 7/6/2013 7:39:57 PM
So, those people complaining it has less stuff than other tales games is false, people like that grate on me.

So what if Vesperia, had like 204 side quests or some stupid number like that, 102 is a lot!

I'm just glad there's an Arena.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#8confettistormPosted 7/6/2013 7:43:50 PM
Xyphas posted...

This fanbase... makes me want to cry.
The trolls are too busy destroying the game's reputation to realize that they are the reason why localization were so scarce to begin with.

Keep killing the hand that feeds you trolls...
#9magnum7979Posted 7/6/2013 8:01:01 PM
rkenshin13 posted...
So, those people complaining it has less stuff than other tales games is false, people like that grate on me.

So what if Vesperia, had like 204 side quests or some stupid number like that, 102 is a lot!

I'm just glad there's an Arena.

But it does have less stuff. You even mentioned it in your post.
---
Malicious.
#10shadowysea07Posted 7/6/2013 8:20:22 PM
the game has very few optional bosses no arena cameo and last the 102 quests are called sub quests for a reason. tedious boring fetch quests much like how graces inn requests were.
---
You are now dressed as the last character you played as. Arogance1~I'm a tetris brick
Professor~ now now perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything