how difficult is xillia on hard setting and beyond?

#11DragoonGriffithPosted 7/17/2013 4:18:16 PM
In any case, Xillia 2 counts for the most difficult Tales game this gen, and probably up there in the series in that regard IMO.

Don't know whether that's supposed to be a compliment though. xD
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
Triple Triad is the worst thing ever created in a video game.
#12animeloverzzPosted 7/17/2013 4:21:06 PM
It's not that difficult if you are already used to play in the hard difficulty. I don't remember any hard fight like Kurtz in Graces F XD. There is one fight where I lost but that's because I didn't bother to upgrade my equipment and the boss can heal herself. As long as you keep upgrading your equipment by leveling up the shops you'll be fine in hard mode.
---
Now Playing : Atelier Escha & Logy
Anticipating : Dynasty Warriors 8, Fairy Fencer f, Disgaea D2, Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack, Tears to Tiara II
#13MasterLLPosted 7/17/2013 4:46:54 PM
castrejon04 posted...
KarateChopin posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Xillia 2 is pure massacre.

Get hit by 2 attacks on accident, 100 hp left

whoops. Thank god for side stepping

The problem with Xillia 2 is that the bosses are unbalance. Some bosses are very easy to defeat while others simply destroy your party in seconds. I had to bump down the difficutly to easy sometimes since some bosses are too overpower.

I don't recall any bosses like that, can you name an example?
---
Playing: Atelier Eschatology, Seven | Want: Dragon's Crown,Tales of Xillia, Sen no Kiseki
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#14OwnagepuffsPosted 7/17/2013 5:13:47 PM
DaGr8FlynnScifo posted...
castrejon04 posted...
KarateChopin posted...

The problem with Xillia 2 is that the bosses are unbalance. Some bosses are very easy to defeat while others simply destroy your party in seconds. I had to bump down the difficutly to easy sometimes since some bosses are too overpower.

Xillia 2's Cameo Battle will tear you a new butthole on Unknown.

Stahn's Beast does so much damage it OHKOs most of the time XD

I think I saw Stahn's Shishisenkou do like 10 or 17k damage once.
---
Objection!
#15VeghEstherPosted 7/17/2013 5:21:25 PM
Well even easy mode isn't that easy heck in Symphonia it lacks a easy mode yet after beating Abyssion I still had the tales of cameo 1 shot everybody but Lloyd while using a 4000+ Rising Falcon on them at level 55.

For the tales of abyss cameo I had to heal/revive on normal mode constantly even with Reid being the last tales of cameo target left standing.
#16TAoRPosted 7/17/2013 5:24:41 PM
lol vegh
#17DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/17/2013 5:33:33 PM
Ownagepuffs posted...
DaGr8FlynnScifo posted...
castrejon04 posted...
KarateChopin posted...

Xillia 2's Cameo Battle will tear you a new butthole on Unknown.

Stahn's Beast does so much damage it OHKOs most of the time XD

I think I saw Stahn's Shishisenkou do like 10 or 17k damage once.

It does that to me on a regular basis... when I'm at max level... on MODERATE difficulty.

On Unknown he kills almost everyone in one shot regardless of whether they're guarding or not XD
---
Raine Sage and Arche Klein: the only two women you never want to see in the kitchen.
#18SkiethXInnisPosted 7/17/2013 5:39:49 PM
MasterLL posted...
castrejon04 posted...
KarateChopin posted...

I don't recall any bosses like that, can you name an example?

I think he's referring to Victor
---
PSN ID:soloasherx81
"Thousand die while a million are born." -Yu Narakami (Persona 4 Arena)
#19darkzero16Posted 7/17/2013 5:48:47 PM
X2 is that tough......HYPE!!!!!!!

My copy is now screaming for me to play.
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kicorachi.png
#20castrejon04Posted 7/17/2013 5:58:49 PM
Yeah Victor was a huge pain. I had to set it to easy since I was 10 levels under him so it was impossible on Normal alone with my current levels. I rarely grind in Xillia 2 though and it's finally getting painfully hard since I'm under level by a lot now.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa