Best Tales Healer?

#41SynyardPosted 7/20/2013 12:47:28 AM
XtraT posted...
Did you read my post at all? My first argument was clear about how she has every notable heal in the series. Of course she's efficient, every pure healer in the series is efficient enough to heal their whole team with a simple cast.

"Every notable heal" doesn't mean much when every healing spell varies greatly by game. Revitalize in Eternia is not the same as Revitalize in Abyss not only because of different cast times, TP cost, AoE, and amount healed, but also because of party dynamics.

When Meredy's mettle as a healer comes into question, what does she really have over any other healer in the series? If you're in a jam and you messed up and everyone is low HP, what will Meredy do to fix that?

Natalia could(and should) have Revive on everyone.
Natalia has her Heal healing for 70% with a 1-3 second-ish cast time(depending on Mystic Symbol, Enhance Cast, Reprise, and Speed Cast). This is spot healing and strong healing put into one spell.
Natalia has tons of AD Skills to keep her alive and healing in the first place, like Rebirth, Angel's Tear, and Glory.
Natalia has good stats and equips to keep her alive. She's the third tankiest character after Anise and Luke, and she's really not all that far off from them.
Natalia has Angel's Breath, which revives and heals characters in an AoE with full HP while bestowing the Revive effect and removing all negative status effects.

The biggest boon a healer bring is longevity, and Meredy does not offer the longevity that Natalia offers, let alone other healers. I only use Natalia as an example because she is the one I am most familiar with. Damage is good, but that is not what should be prioritized in a healer.
---
"the world is my shower."
-darkzero16
#42SynyardPosted 7/20/2013 12:58:50 AM(edited)
Oh, I was ninja'd. Going to double post to make sure you see it, but you have a few misconceptions in your post, XtraT.

Firstly, Meredy does not have Revive as its typical iteration. Its a mistranslation of what is typically Revitalize. Revive as it normally is is a buffing spell that is an automatic "Resurrection" that activates as soon a character dies. A spell of this nature is not in Eternia.

Secondly, spell delay is how only one spell is on the screen at once. For instance, if Keele is sitting there shooting Freeze Lancer or unleashing a Meteor Storm while Meredy is charging a heal, then Meredy has to wait until Keele's spell animations are done until she can start the animation on her healing spell. This is what "spell delay" is.
---
"the world is my shower."
-darkzero16
#43DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/20/2013 1:01:30 AM
XtraT posted...

She can also has access to Sharpness and the likes, or Acid Rain which are grat for bosses. Have you played Eternia?

Undine gives you all the healing spells, that's why she's the healer; if you have no Undine on Meredy, she's got jack squat for healing and support.

Actually Undini only gives you Spread. Heal is made from Sylph and Undine. She can also heal without having Undine, since the best healing spells are given by Rem and Maxwell, Have you played Eternia?

And I love how you think Meredy is the best healer because "She can spam the heals"

That's not why I think Meredy is the best healer. Read again.

Mint and Raine both beat Meredy in terms of casting speed and healing.

As far as spamming goes Estelle is better than Meredy.

And Elize can cast two Nurses in the time it takes Meredy to cast one Revitalize.

No they can't. By the time you have those spells as Meredy you have a Mystic Symbols, which reduce cast times by half. She's by far the fastest casting healer in the series.

Oh and another thing: Because of how Eternia's Party is sorted out, you'll be stuck with Reid, Farah, Meredy and Keele for a while. The fact that Keele has to be around automatically SEVERELY weakens her healing Prowess because of the Spell Delay that Keele will cause.

El oh el. Nurse is you first '''heal delay''. You learn that from Celsius, a boss you can beat without Keele. Plus, Heal and Cure (best healing spell) don't have spell delay.

And she also lacks REVIVE, that's an awesome spell that Raine, Estelle and Elize all have, plus Meredy is rather Frail; whereas Estelle and Especially Elize can take hits like a boss.

She gets Revive. You obviously never played Eternia, no need to waste my time anymore.

I have never played Eternia, but I have watched numerous let's plays of it, as well as Arte Exhibitions for the entire cast.

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/ToE_-_Craymel_Artes

Tell me, where is Revive on this list?

You have Obviously never played Xillia if you think Meredy casts the fastest in the series.

Meredy has the Mystic Symbol behind her speed in casting, nothing else; without that she takes just as long as everyone else.

Elize can outcast her any day of the week.

Because Spells in Xillia and Xillia 2 cast much faster than any other title in the series by default, Elize can cast Nurse in 4 seconds (Without any of her cast time reduction skills, weapons and accessories,) and with the following:

-Mystic Symbol (20% cast time reduction)
-"Wizard 2" Skill (20% cast time reduction)
-Her "Deathly Abyss" cameo weapon (20% Cast time reduction.)

Oh and being Linked With Rowen gives her another 10% reduction because of his "Speed Cast" skill as well as his "Spell End" skill making her able to skip the delay after casting a spell.

If you think Meredy can cast faster than Elize you're smoking something.

Oh yeah, and because of Xillia's Link Artes too, Elize can link with Leia to fully heal and cure the whole party to full with Revitalize if she needs to, as well as being able to use Chaotic Fuser with Milla to temporarily Petrify the opponent team, and her Dual Hi-Ougi with Ludger is nothing to sneeze at in terms of Damage.
---
Raine Sage and Arche Klein: the only two women you never want to see in the kitchen.
#44XtraTPosted 7/20/2013 1:52:41 AM
"Every notable heal" doesn't mean much when every healing spell varies greatly by game. Revitalize in Eternia is not the same as Revitalize in Abyss not only because of different cast times, TP cost, AoE, and amount healed, but also because of party dynamics.

So? I'm talking cast by cast and if a certain spell in better in a 2D Tales so be it. I'm not arguing over which version of a heal is better but which healer is the best.

When Meredy's mettle as a healer comes into question, what does she really have over any other healer in the series? If you're in a jam and you messed up and everyone is low HP, what will Meredy do to fix that?.

So much for ''healing spells varies greatly depending on which game'' huh? Anyway...
Cure is a 90% heal on a 2 seconds cast time (with a Mystic Symbol that you can have easily at that point).
Early game Heal is a 50% heal for half the cast time of Cure.
AoE wise Nurse and Revitalize are standard AoE heals.
While spamming heals she can summon Undine, dealing damage and healing everyone to full instantly. She can also summon Rem to revive and heal to full.
She can also do Maxwell's Extension to fully heal HP AND TP if anything survives it (so bosses post Maxwell's fight and some monsters).
Meredy is pretty much unkillable since it's a 2D Tales (unless you suck at games). Stand in the back and spam healing/stunlocking damage spells. The few bosses that can pierce your melee defense will be dealt with passives like Life Rescue and immunities to status effects.

The biggest boon a healer bring is longevity, and Meredy does not offer the longevity that Natalia offers, let alone other healers. I only use Natalia as an example because she is the one I am most familiar with.

Longevity? Sorry gramps I'm here to kill bad guys while keeping my team's HP topped. ANd yeah, it shows you're only familiar with ONE healer. You're like that other guy, you've obviously never played Eternia. Why are you arguing about stuff you're obviously biased against? I know what Natalia is capable of don't worry. She's nothing compared to what Meredy can do for a team. You obviously love the do-nothing-but-heal-syndrom,

Firstly, Meredy does not have Revive as its typical iteration. Its a mistranslation of what is typically Revitalize.Revive as it normally is is a buffing spell that is an automatic "Resurrection" that activates as soon a character dies. A spell of this nature is not in Eternia.

Sorry Meredy is not a bad healer enough to let people repeatedly die in the first place so she doesn't need anything like that.

Secondly, spell delay is how only one spell is on the screen at once. For instance, if Keele is sitting there shooting Freeze Lancer or unleashing a Meteor Storm while Meredy is charging a heal, then Meredy has to wait until Keele's spell animations are done until she can start the animation on her healing spell. This is what "spell delay" is.

You obviously know very little on how spell delay works in Eternia. Hint: some spells are not affected by it.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#45DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/20/2013 2:00:43 AM
XtraT posted...

So? I'm talking cast by cast and if a certain spell in better in a 2D Tales so be it. I'm not arguing over which version of a heal is better but which healer is the best.

When Meredy's mettle as a healer comes into question, what does she really have over any other healer in the series? If you're in a jam and you messed up and everyone is low HP, what will Meredy do to fix that?.

So much for ''healing spells varies greatly depending on which game'' huh? Anyway...
Cure is a 90% heal on a 2 seconds cast time (with a Mystic Symbol that you can have easily at that point).
Early game Heal is a 50% heal for half the cast time of Cure.
AoE wise Nurse and Revitalize are standard AoE heals.
While spamming heals she can summon Undine, dealing damage and healing everyone to full instantly. She can also summon Rem to revive and heal to full.
She can also do Maxwell's Extension to fully heal HP AND TP if anything survives it (so bosses post Maxwell's fight and some monsters).
Meredy is pretty much unkillable since it's a 2D Tales (unless you suck at games). Stand in the back and spam healing/stunlocking damage spells. The few bosses that can pierce your melee defense will be dealt with passives like Life Rescue and immunities to status effects.

The biggest boon a healer bring is longevity, and Meredy does not offer the longevity that Natalia offers, let alone other healers. I only use Natalia as an example because she is the one I am most familiar with.

Longevity? Sorry gramps I'm here to kill bad guys while keeping my team's HP topped. ANd yeah, it shows you're only familiar with ONE healer. You're like that other guy, you've obviously never played Eternia. Why are you arguing about stuff you're obviously biased against? I know what Natalia is capable of don't worry. She's nothing compared to what Meredy can do for a team. You obviously love the do-nothing-but-heal-syndrom,

Firstly, Meredy does not have Revive as its typical iteration. Its a mistranslation of what is typically Revitalize.Revive as it normally is is a buffing spell that is an automatic "Resurrection" that activates as soon a character dies. A spell of this nature is not in Eternia.

Sorry Meredy is not a bad healer enough to let people repeatedly die in the first place so she doesn't need anything like that.

You obviously know very little on how spell delay works in Eternia. Hint: some spells are not affected by it.

Completely ignores what I posted about Elize.
---
Raine Sage and Arche Klein: the only two women you never want to see in the kitchen.
#46Havic101Posted 7/20/2013 2:20:09 AM
@XtraT

I've been reading this topic so far, and I noticed that you keep accusing them of never playing Eternia. So hear this from me, someone who has played through Eternia about 4 times already. Probably more cause I lost count. I assure you. They definitely, without a doubt, know what they're talking about.

By the way, you keep saying that Meredy's the best healer, but you do know that those aren't really Meredy's spells right? She is just borrowing them from the spirits. Well heck, Keele could be doing the same thing instead of her. Then he'd be one healing the party. They both use spells that belong to the spirits. To be honest neither of them actually learn any of the spells at all, so you can't really label one or the other as the healer.
---
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8308/thederescaleec0.jpg
#47DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/20/2013 2:28:13 AM
Havic101 posted...
@XtraT

I've been reading this topic so far, and I noticed that you keep accusing them of never playing Eternia. So hear this from me, someone who has played through Eternia about 4 times already. Probably more cause I lost count. I assure you. They definitely, without a doubt, know what they're talking about.

By the way, you keep saying that Meredy's the best healer, but you do know that those aren't really Meredy's spells right? She is just borrowing them from the spirits. Well heck, Keele could be doing the same thing instead of her. Then he'd be one healing the party. They both use spells that belong to the spirits. To be honest neither of them actually learn any of the spells at all, so you can't really label one or the other as the healer.

Thank you!

I've never played the game, but I did my research.

He argues that Meredy is the better healer because she has the "Destiny" summon and Keele doesn't (which is 100% moot when it comes to actual Healing.)
---
#48ThePrinceJayPosted 7/20/2013 3:29:39 AM
I'm slightly confused last time I played ToV metagame atm dictated Raven >>>>>>>>> Esty in terms of healing; what change?
---
http://i.imgur.com/4sc7NqX.gif
CP: Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GC)
#49rpgguy999Posted 7/20/2013 3:51:26 AM
Mint without a single doubt.
---
"I do not comprehend" -Gale from Digital Devil Saga
#50DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/20/2013 4:10:11 AM
ThePrinceJay posted...
I'm slightly confused last time I played ToV metagame atm dictated Raven >>>>>>>>> Esty in terms of healing; what change?

Which version?

PS3 or 360.
---