Do you change characters for battle?

#1Ippongi_RyutaPosted 7/25/2013 4:44:50 PM
I know some people like to learn the moveset of each individual character and play as the one they're most comfortable with, but some people only stick with the main character throughout the entire game. I played as Alvin throughout this game when I could since I like his playstyle, and I played as Ludger throughout the entirety of Xillia 2 because he's just so stupidly broken.

I never play as mages/casters since I'm not a big fan of sitting around waiting for spells to happen, they're usually best left for AI to control, especially Malik from Graces.

Also, have you ever went through an entire Tales game with four players?
---
Currently playing: Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros., Shin Megami Tensei IV, Project Diva f
#2animeloverzzPosted 7/25/2013 4:47:54 PM
I always control the main character in all Tales games that I have played. I only use other characters in Colosseum or maybe when my main character dies XD.
---
Now Playing : Atelier Escha & Logy
Anticipating : Dynasty Warriors 8, Fairy Fencer f, Disgaea D2, Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack, Tears to Tiara II
#3SocialNekuPosted 7/25/2013 4:49:35 PM
As long as they are playable (not only at the end-game) I do tend to change characters from time to time, I tried to Main Leia here, but ended up with Jude, since it's obvious who has the best damage potential out of those two (or the artes to mix the combos a bit)

Mages are totally playable in Destiny DC imo, from start to finish, they aren't bad either in Graces (though Malik is way too much magic-centric)
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 7/25/2013 4:52:53 PM
I change them DURING battle, and especially in the Xillias it works on the fly (like with Graces, only better implemented I'd say).

It's fun comboing with one character, and then continuing that combo with the other Linked character.
---
Currently playing: KH2:FM, Xillia, Demon's Souls, Ys Seven
http://i.imgur.com/Lom3UsN.gif
#5Havic101Posted 7/25/2013 4:58:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6archvile_78Posted 7/25/2013 5:01:04 PM
Unless i REALLY like the protagonist i always end up trying another characters at some point but i never play healer/caster.
For Xillia i'm thinking of trying out Leia.
#7Havic101Posted 7/25/2013 5:02:12 PM
I tend to switch characters during battle depending on the situation.

And even when I don't, I'm usually micro-managing my party anyway. Making sure they are following my strategy perfectly and changing things up if necessary. Using shortcuts and the menu in order to command them to do stuff when I need them to do it. Paying close attention to everyone's condition and following what everyone is doing in the battle. Stuff like that.

To me it feels like I'm always playing as the entire party all the time.
---
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/920dbc6ejw1dtmoj9k4r9j.jpg
"Come. Let us all express our feelings."
#8MiraclechaoPosted 7/25/2013 5:06:16 PM
I always try to play as someone who is not the main character. I try to learn at least two characters so that I can switch up characters in battle (Collette and Marta/Estellise, Karol, and Patty/Sophie and Pascal).

Collette was badass in Symphonia 2 with them fixed stats... :{
---
PSN: Miraclechao/3DS: TwoFaceWii. For Tales of Vesperia Challenge Runs and Soul Calibur V, follow me! Click the link! http://www.youtube.com/user/miraclechao
#9MadDewgPosted 7/25/2013 5:28:37 PM(edited)
Of course. It would get boring using no one but reid, lloyd, luke, yuri, asbel etc. in their games. Its why I tend to like the tales of games that give you the most playable characters the most.

Now that I actually stop and think about it, I played as zelos, guy, judith, hubert, and spada way more than the main character of their games. *I played as reid and farah like a even split, don't really remember using 1 way more than the other. Same with senel and chloe*
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing monster hunter 3 ult., fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, shantae: risky's revenge
#10Milla_MaxwellPosted 7/25/2013 5:26:37 PM
I almost always play the heroine, except for:

Destiny DC I play Lilith

Xillia 2 I play Milla

Graces f I play Cheria

Legendia I play Chloe (I may switch to Grune or Shirley later.)
---
While all the fanboys were whining for Vesperia PS3 to be localized, I was secretly hoping for HD Symphonia.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KINGOFDASLIPPYS.png