Dycroft in Destiny R REALLY makes me appreciate Xillia's Final Dungeon.

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 8/3/2013 5:58:58 PM
Seriously, **** Dycroft, The puzzles aren't hard, but it's just so goddamn Tedious.

Xillia's Final Dungeon (or lack there of) is quite nice.
---
"What if I was British Royalty? Prince Richard becomes King Dick, *psst* that's the subplot to Tales of Graces."
-Matt of the Super Gaming Brothers.
#2Taichi556Posted 8/3/2013 6:01:00 PM
Xillia's final dungeon is one of my favourite final dungeons.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Black Rock Shooter, Fate/Extra, Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment, Shin Megami Tensei IV
King of Voices: Tomokazu Sugita
#3buffy720Posted 8/3/2013 6:07:35 PM
Oh, God, don't say that. My son and I will be going there soon, I think.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#4Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 6:11:40 PM
buffy720 posted...
Oh, God, don't say that. My son and I will be going there soon, I think.

I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but I've been on Hard for the whole game.

You have no idea how much of a piss off it is when I do a big tedious puzzle full of running around and then I get unlucky and die in a regular encounter... I have to go to the previous save point and do it again.
---
"What if I was British Royalty? Prince Richard becomes King Dick, *psst* that's the subplot to Tales of Graces."
#5OwnagepuffsPosted 8/3/2013 6:35:32 PM
Prepare thy back hole, for Miktran Excessive is going to tear you a few new ones.

He didn't get the "Most infamously difficult final boss in the series" title by being a pushover.
---
Objection!
#6castrejon04Posted 8/3/2013 6:42:51 PM
Xillia not having a final dungeon was a terrible thing, and Xillia 2 is no different.

Drycroft was a blast. I enjoyed it for the most part.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#7Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 6:57:57 PM
castrejon04 posted...
Xillia not having a final dungeon was a terrible thing, and Xillia 2 is no different.

Drycroft was a blast. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I'd rather just get to the big bad and fight them, it shouldn't have to be a Tedious trip to get to them.

Dycroft's Puzzles aren't difficult, they're just tedious at best.
---
#8HolyLancer9Posted 8/3/2013 7:25:12 PM
Sorry, I just can't accept such a lazy attempt at a "final dungeon" like ToX and ToX2. There just isn't really one in either game. Just because some games have long, annoying final dungeons, doesn't meant that ones with shorter dungeons are somehow better. In fact, Xillia 2's may be worse than Xillia's because it is actually short and annoying.

I like a long final dungeon because it feels like a culmination of the whole game, and you're leading up to fighting the big-bad by making your way through his domain.
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#9TAoRPosted 8/3/2013 7:31:47 PM
There's long, and then there is Dycroft.

Ugh
#10Taichi556Posted 8/3/2013 7:33:09 PM
HolyLancer9 posted...
Sorry, I just can't accept such a lazy attempt at a "final dungeon" like ToX and ToX2. There just isn't really one in either game. Just because some games have long, annoying final dungeons, doesn't meant that ones with shorter dungeons are somehow better. In fact, Xillia 2's may be worse than Xillia's because it is actually short and annoying.

I like a long final dungeon because it feels like a culmination of the whole game, and you're leading up to fighting the big-bad by making your way through his domain.

Yes, and Xillia did that magnificently without the tedious running through a boring dungeon for an hour or more. I can't speak for Xillia 2 as I have not beaten it; however, Xillia 1's final dungeon being cinematic got me far more pumped about what was going on.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Black Rock Shooter, Fate/Extra, Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment, Shin Megami Tensei IV
King of Voices: Tomokazu Sugita