Question about Teepo (Spoilers)

#1Ippongi_RyutaPosted 8/5/2013 9:39:20 PM
At the end of the game, Elise is seen putting Teepo away, which I took as Teepo not functioning anymore, but it is all alive and well again in ToX2, does anyone have information about this? I heard something about memory loss but I'm not entirely sure.
---
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pikmin 3, Gyakuten Saiban 5, Tales of Xillia 2, Project Diva f
#2Milla_MaxwellPosted 8/5/2013 9:44:20 PM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
At the end of the game, Elise is seen putting Teepo away, which I took as Teepo not functioning anymore, but it is all alive and well again in ToX2, does anyone have information about this? I heard something about memory loss but I'm not entirely sure.

It's an Aborted Arc of sorts.

It's completely forgotten and never mentioned in Xillia 2, (probably because they'd have to change the way Elize plays if Teepo wasn't present.)
---
"What if I was British Royalty? Prince Richard becomes King Dick, *psst* that's the subplot to Tales of Graces."
-Matt of the Super Gaming Brothers.
#3Crystal_DreamPosted 8/5/2013 9:45:54 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

It's an Aborted Arc of sorts.

It's completely forgotten and never mentioned in Xillia 2, (probably because they'd have to change the way Elize plays if Teepo wasn't present.)

Wait, was Xillia originally planned to have a sequel?
Because my biggest fear right now for Xillia is a cliffhanger ending.
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#4MarioakPosted 8/5/2013 9:52:11 PM(edited)
More like she switch him off because she has a real friends now if you ask me.

Also I believe Bamco never intend to make X2 in the first place so the story get retcon that why.
Leia too...she should be in Jude hometown but suddenly change her mind to become a reporter in 2nd game.
---
om nom nom nom
#5Taichi556Posted 8/5/2013 9:47:21 PM
I honestly didn't feel like she put him away for good. From what she said it seemed like she had been living with Dorosell for a long time at that point. I felt like it more represented that she broke out of her shell and didn't need Tipo with her constantly anymore.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Black Rock Shooter, Fate/Extra, Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment, Shin Megami Tensei IV
King of Voices: Tomokazu Sugita
#6Ippongi_Ryuta(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 9:52:51 PM
That's pretty funny.

I thought I missed something while I was playing through X2, so I went and double checked all the Elise Episodes to see whether I missed an explanation or something.
---
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pikmin 3, Gyakuten Saiban 5, Tales of Xillia 2, Project Diva f
#7MarioakPosted 8/5/2013 10:01:53 PM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
That's pretty funny.

I thought I missed something while I was playing through X2, so I went and double checked all the Elise Episodes to see whether I missed an explanation or something.

Like Milla said, I don't think she mention about her epilogue event of the first game at all.
Her story episode is more about her more cheery personality, Want to be Elle big sis, and about her friend's mom.

Crystal_Dream posted...

Wait, was Xillia originally planned to have a sequel?
Because my biggest fear right now for Xillia is a cliffhanger ending.

Don't worry, While the 'ending' after the final fight is pretty rushed,
X1 has the best epilogue you can have in the series...only to have half of them get retcon in the sequel.
---
om nom nom nom
#8rucchipunchPosted 8/5/2013 10:03:32 PM
Marioak posted...
Leia too...she should be in Jude hometown but suddenly change her mind to become a reporter in 2nd game.

That actually got explained....in a short novella we probably won't get.

But I think someone translated it in Xillia 2 boards.
---
- Official Driselle Sharil of every Tales of boards -
Craving...for...money...
#9Crystal_DreamPosted 8/5/2013 10:04:40 PM
Marioak posted...

Don't worry, While the 'ending' after the final fight is pretty rushed,
X1 has the best epilogue you can have in the series...only to have half of them get retcon in the sequel.

I... don't know how to feel about that.
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#10MarioakPosted 8/5/2013 10:06:57 PM
rucchipunch posted...
Marioak posted...

That actually got explained....in a short novella we probably won't get.

But I think someone translated it in Xillia 2 boards.

yeah I know that, But that come out long after X1, The Before Episode try to connect both X1 and X2 after all.
---
om nom nom nom