difference between semi-auto and manual battle?

#1drzero7Posted 8/7/2013 2:29:46 PM
Just started the game, im assuming auto is CPU control.
---
***Dizzy: The hottest 3 year old I ever seen*******
>---My PWAB RISK RATING: S+ ---
#2Crystal_DreamPosted 8/7/2013 2:32:37 PM
Semi-auto has your character automatically running towards the enemy when you attack to ensure it hits whereas manual will have you attack regardless of whether or not you're close enough to the enemy, meaning that you could be swinging your sword at air.
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#3BreyantPosted 8/7/2013 2:33:06 PM
semi-auto makes you automatically run to the character before using an attack or arte, manual you will just stand in one spot and swing at the air.
---
No one steals my ship. Not even me.
#4YoukaiSlayerPosted 8/7/2013 2:33:10 PM
Assuming it works like every other tales, semi auto causes you to run up to the enemy before attacking if you hit an attack whereas manual just swings your weapon wherever you are if the target enemy is 20 feet away. I highly recommend manual as semi auto has tended to get confused with its pathing during a huge cluster of enemies in other 3D tales.
---
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
#5hondalife4evaPosted 8/7/2013 2:33:14 PM
From my exp from previous tales this is how it was .
Semi-auto : can't jump, when attack is pressed the controlled character runs to the target to attack
Manual: can jump, attack anywhere
Auto: cpu
---
PSN: JDM_SOTO
OP:PW2, Tales Of Graces F, BlazBlue CSE, Disgaea 4 , Black ops 2, Sengoku Basara.
#6panforisPosted 8/7/2013 2:35:40 PM
it should have to do with character control if its like past tales games.(meaning it should deal with enemy targeting and being able to free run at least, there may be more it does now though). manual auto targets enemies and restricts free run and semi-auto allowed free run and let you self target enemies more, it still targeted for you but you could change enemies manually if you wanted.
#7panforisPosted 8/7/2013 2:37:53 PM
oops i misread thought it was semi auto and auto, well that will teach me to read better, oh well and i might have been off anyway its been awhile.
#8KenauePosted 8/7/2013 2:42:24 PM
How do you unlock Manual in this game? Kinda crazy it's not available from the start (I felt the same way in Graces too.)
---
Most Excited For: Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3), KINGDOM HEARTS III (PS4), SMTIV (3DS)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#9NathypantsPosted 8/7/2013 2:42:35 PM
Semi Auto will automatically position your character when you attack or use Artes. This is useful as it will line you up with the enemy even after you're facing the wrong way or your Arte has some difficult hitbox.

Manual makes it so you control everything. You'll have to position yourself accordingly to get close to attack or make sure you face the right way during attacks. Jumping is achieved by pressing Up, whereas Semi Auto is done by Guarding+Up.

Just because it says Auto in it, doesn't make Semi Auto bad. They're both used for different things in their own rights.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#10NathypantsPosted 8/7/2013 2:43:31 PM
Kenaue posted...
How do you unlock Manual in this game? Kinda crazy it's not available from the start (I felt the same way in Graces too.)

It's unlocked already. Just press Select in the Artes menu to change between the three modes.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~