Bronze Bacura farming

#1TroyeePosted 8/10/2013 11:38:24 AM
OK!

Port to Royal Hunting Grounds, Labari Hollow Entrance
Zone inside run to the right, take the first door. Inside this door is 1 mob who changes every time you go in and out of the building. Don't fight the mob until it is the Bronze Bacura. Think the most times it took for the Bronze Bacura to spawn was maybe 30 times going in and out, could be more.. most likely a lot less. Would give me 4000xp for the kill with 100% food buff so normal would be 2000. I want to say that every 3-4 kills doing this routine one spawn would be a rare one which will give you 8000xp with food buff and 4000xp normal. Farmed here from 27 to 50. Could be easier ways but I see people saying never seeing a bacura. Well now you can farm them! So thought I'd stop stalking and come post!
#2VeghEstherPosted 8/10/2013 11:44:25 AM
Well fighting them is easy not seeing zero to 1 HP per attack to them isn't unless you have 9999 attack fully Powered Fell Arms else all elemental spells and most physical hits will only drain 1 HP per hit even on easy mode and the bronze ones still have 12,000 HP.

Which is a lot if your still only draining 1 HP off of it per hit.
#3Troyee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 11:52:44 AM
That can't be right, at 40+ was killing them within 30 seconds. Leveled from 27-50 in a little over 2 hours.
#4VeghEstherPosted 8/10/2013 11:55:05 AM
Well they do have +2000 defense in physical defense so the only way to deal more then 1 HP in damage is to kind of have a P attack stat close if not higher then +2000.
#5MaplesGrandGMPosted 8/10/2013 11:55:07 AM
There are much easier ways. Such as, Vicaille Mines, where you can fight Gentlegnomes easily, and they give off 500 exp per Gentlegnome in battle, and die a lot faster than Bascura of any kind. Then there's the swamp near Nia Khera, which is better if you also want to farm for shop expanding. Probably others too.
#6lukavdelmarionPosted 8/12/2013 12:20:13 AM
Unsure how the defense works, but at level 30 I was dealing 20-50 damage a hit with normal attacks, upwards of 500 or so with Ruination Fangs. The non-elemental property helps a ton. Bronze Bacura has 3570 p. def and Jude was running 1334 p. atk using gigas gauntlets and fine boots and same tier on Milia. This isn't considering I could easily upgrade with a better accessory. In the end, this is nice experience with little effort if you aren't trying to farm gald or shop experience. Thanks for the location tip.
#7ChromaticAngelPosted 8/12/2013 12:22:41 AM
VeghEsther posted...
Well fighting them is easy not seeing zero to 1 HP per attack to them isn't unless you have 9999 attack fully Powered Fell Arms else all elemental spells and most physical hits will only drain 1 HP per hit even on easy mode and the bronze ones still have 12,000 HP.

Which is a lot if your still only draining 1 HP off of it per hit.

what? no. I killed my first Bacura at level 20 with bad weapons and did a lot more than 1 HP per attack.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#8SepticTank53Posted 8/12/2013 12:36:11 AM
I would highly suggest the gentlegnome method at the old vicalle mine. I'm running my 5x experience playthrough right now, and with the 100% food buff, i had about 20-25GP in around 5 fights. It's also a great place for shop materials, but don't remember how much gald i was getting (did get 1500gald out of a sack though). Definitely try to encounter link when can as well, especially if you see two gentlegnomes.

Definitely a much faster route to leveling than farming bacuras. And not sure where you were getting the 1hp per hit thing.. is that the japanese version? I did my first playthrough on moderate and i never only did 1hp per hit, and i'm definitely not the type to enjoy grinding enemies so i'm sure i wasn't a specially high level for the bacuras i fought.
#9ChromaticAngelPosted 8/12/2013 12:39:02 AM
also if you're fighting gentlegnomes, make sure to link up with Leia and knock them down a ton. You can steal Dingy Puffballs (2200 shop points) from them.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#10lukavdelmarionPosted 8/12/2013 1:15:27 AM
I've already tried gentlegnomes at level 30, they pretty much 2 shot me. Came close to killing one with a back encounter. Went with bronze bacuras and gained 10 levels in less than an hour. What level are you farming them at? I'm probably behind in equipment or something.