Xillia is the greatest Tales game of all time.

#71Lexmark1989Posted 8/13/2013 6:31:08 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
So this topic is basically a call out your favorite tales game now huh? Well regardless I wouldn't say this game is the best of the tales but its good especially for a bare-bones tales and I still enjoy it more than vesperia and some older games.

I can't say its better than TODR but I can't really compare it either because I don't know TODR story and I only followed a translation guide to finish.

No, Tales of Symphonia 2 was bare-bones. Tales of Legendia was bare-bones. This game is nowhere near close.

You make a good point, but I never count DOTNW for anything. I guess legendia however does count but that doesn't mean that TOX isn't lacking in some of the standards departments.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#72YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 8/13/2013 6:36:46 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
So this topic is basically a call out your favorite tales game now huh? Well regardless I wouldn't say this game is the best of the tales but its good especially for a bare-bones tales and I still enjoy it more than vesperia and some older games.

I can't say its better than TODR but I can't really compare it either because I don't know TODR story and I only followed a translation guide to finish.

No, Tales of Symphonia 2 was bare-bones. Tales of Legendia was bare-bones. This game is nowhere near close.

You make a good point, but I never count DOTNW for anything. I guess legendia however does count but that doesn't mean that TOX isn't lacking in some of the standards departments.

Like it or not, they're a look at what any Tales game could end up being. This game has some minor flaws, but nothing of say standard department issues truly exist. The battle system delivers, and the skills web is simply amazing and innovative. You don't have to be a Tales veteran to level your characters up as there is an auto-level option if you so choose to use it. Or, you could do it your own way.

So, yeah. I'd say this game is very impressive overall. And good story and characters never hurts anything. The only aspect of the game that may be considered "not to standard" are perhaps the graphics which don't mean crap anyway.
#73Number090684Posted 8/13/2013 7:58:50 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Number090684 posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Number090684 posted...
Amuro_Ray00 posted...
Abyss is the strongest tales game in terms of characters, story and battle system. It was certainly the only tales game worth a damn across the ps1/ps2 era.

Oh hell no. Stop being a fanboy. Destiny R's battle system blows Abyss' away in every way. Destiny R is without a doubt the best Tales of the PS2 era and it's a damn shame only Japan got it.

Oh, look at the pot calling the kettle black. I guarantee you've never even played Destiny R.

What the **** exactly makes you so sure I havent played it? What do I have to gain by lying about it? I have played and beat quite a few Tales that havent come to the US.... Rebirth, Innocence, Symphonia PS2, Vesperia PS3(Check my PSN trophies list to see my ToV PS3 and ToG f platinums, troll), Narikiri Dungeon 3, and VS. I will admit I havent beat Destiny R though, but from what I experienced, its gameplay is leaps and bounds better than Abyss.

Dont go make assumptions without any proof, it makes you look dumb.

First of all, stop pretending to cry like a ten year old girl just because I called you out on your ignorance. Got a problem with people prefering Abyss over any Tales game? Cry more. I KNOW you haven't played DR because you have to understand fluid japanese (which I'm a 95% sure you don't), and you haven't provided a single ounce of evidence to convince me further. That's what the **** makes me so sure.

Don't YOU go implying things you cannot back up or YOU'RE the one who looks like an idiot. I know exactly the kind of person you are. A guy whose world consists of blue grass, and green skies. Satisfied? F****** nerd.

lol Im the ignorant one? Youre just some egotistical troll who called me out by making that crazy unfounded bs assumption that Ive never played the game, because I told some other poster about Destiny R at the time, because he was claiming Abyss' battle system was the best, as if it were a fact.

I need to know fluid Japanese to play it? Pssh, are you really that naive? Give me a ******* break. Here let me educate you, bro. There are translated plot dialogue and menu scripts online to help players who dont know one lick of Japanese navigate the various menus and get through the game.

So, I dont need to know ANY Japanese to play and beat some games, because other devoted, considerate fans and the internet make it possible as long as I put in some effort on my part. So, not all Tales fans who import games out of Japan know Japanese. Hope this wasnt too much of a shock for you, genius.

Lastly, calling me a "nerd" in some rage post on a GameFAQS forum topic about a colorful anime inspired fantasy role playing video game as if youre any better than me isnt the smartest thing to do hypocrite. But its a shame I even have to point this out at all.
---
US PSN: Number090684
#74SepticTank53Posted 8/13/2013 10:26:34 PM
ooooooh, i wanna bicker about other peoples opinions and state my opinions as if they are facts and show that i'm the one who knows everything about everything.

NOT

You guys need to grow the hell up. I never played destiny R, but i sure as hell am not gonna youtube it and make my opinion of it based on that. My favorite tales game of the ps1/2 era was eternia. Did it beat abyss's battle system? No. You simply can't make that comparison as eternia's battle system being worst than the other though, because the ps1 isn't able to handle what the ps2 can.

my OPINION is eternia had just as good a storyline as abyss. i liked the characters as a whole better, despite how Jade, for me, trumps anyone of the eternia cast. The battle system of eternia worked great for ps1's abilities, and the craymel cage system was amazing. I also loved how arte usage determined the arcane artes you unlocked since it made you want to use each arte as much as you could to unlock those more powerful artes. The skill system of abyss was a blast, as well as FoF's, but since eternia was before abyss and on a weaker platform, it's not something you can really use as comparison. It could influence, however, what game you chose to play if you decided to do an old tales playthrough and have to make that choice.

Want my opinion of DotNW? It was an amazing game. Why? Because i don't let other tales games i've played rise my expectations to a ludicrous level. Emil was somewhat annoying, but marta and tenebrae kept everything funny and interesting. The storyline was great, although the plot twist was foreshadowed way too hard. Battle system was mostly typical, but the monster capturing system was great, and gave a great twist to the food system. I love how people thought the monsters were useless because they decided to catch a turtle and probably evolved it once basing their opinion on that, but if you ever unlocked the jormungandr or sword dancer, you'd quickly take that though back and actually continue wanting to discover all the evolutions of creatures. To that note, the monsters gave a LOT of optional stuff to do, and their were plenty of sidequests and optional cutscenes as well, and at least one of those involved a secret dungeon that wasn't the chapter8 NG+ special dungeon.

Of course, their were faults in the game, like how the old symphonia characters weren't level-able and equipment wasn't modify-able. Then again, all games have faults you can find, and this one is not a big issue. It's only an issue to those who have an abnormal, borderline psychotic attachment to a character.

Do i feel everyone should share this opinion? hell no. But not playing a game and youtubing it, or only playing a few hours does NOT give you a valid opinion for others to take into account, or to debate with. Also, an opinion like this nobody cares about, either. And those who come here who want to criticize my opinion on DotNW, guess what? You criticism means nothing to me, and won't change the fact that i enjoy the game both in battle system and storyline.

To TC: I admire your feelings of Xillia. I definitely put this game in my top 4 tales games. It was definitely a bit lacking in content, but i truly feel the combat system they used can be quite revolutionary to the series with some polishing. It did get way too imbalanced late game and you were allowed a bit too much power over what the AI enemies could handle, but i've heard Xillia 2 fixes some stuff like linking issues, so maybe they also got some balancing done as well. I personally don't feel the story was the best in the series, but it was good. I feel abyss, symphonia, and eternia trumped this one, but it was certainly engaging enough for me to like it.
#75YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 8/14/2013 6:16:41 AM
lol Im the ignorant one? Youre just some egotistical troll who called me out by making that crazy unfounded bs assumption that Ive never played the game, because I told some other poster about Destiny R at the time, because he was claiming Abyss' battle system was the best, as if it were a fact.

I need to know fluid Japanese to play it? Pssh, are you really that naive? Give me a ******* break. Here let me educate you, bro. There are translated plot dialogue and menu scripts online to help players who dont know one lick of Japanese navigate the various menus and get through the game.

So, I dont need to know ANY Japanese to play and beat some games, because other devoted, considerate fans and the internet make it possible as long as I put in some effort on my part. So, not all Tales fans who import games out of Japan know Japanese. Hope this wasnt too much of a shock for you, genius.

Lastly, calling me a "nerd" in some rage post on a GameFAQS forum topic about a colorful anime inspired fantasy role playing video game as if youre any better than me isnt the smartest thing to do hypocrite. But its a shame I even have to point this out at all.

Dude, you haven't played the game. That much is clear. Get it into your thick skull that you're nothing but a failtroll acting like a child just because they disagree with your opinion. You then throw the mother of all temper tantrums when interrogated because of it.

We've already established that you didn't play the game because you still feel the need to try to argue your way out of the hole you dug yourself into without providing any shred of evidence to convince me further. You have a problem with my calling things as I see them? Change up your shtick.

Bottom line, kid. Wise up. And stop being such a spineless wimp whose sole purpose is to insult random forum users.
#76XechsPosted 8/14/2013 6:29:18 AM
digidevilwil posted...
Xillia 2 is better.

I can't wait, Xilia is just behind or on par with hearts as my fav in the series and all I keep hearing is this, that means it's gonna be awesome for me.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#77VorgierPosted 8/14/2013 7:38:21 AM
Vesperia was the pinnacle of the series.
#78darkzero16Posted 8/14/2013 7:55:34 AM
SepticTank53 posted...

You guys need to grow the hell up. I never played destiny R, but i sure as hell am not gonna youtube it and make my opinion of it based on that.

Life would be easier if everyone followed this. Sadly I don't feel lucky. lololololol
---
"A bad thing can eventually be good if you work on it. But once finished, a bad thing is forever."
#79akira_hisyamPosted 8/14/2013 8:03:25 AM
im disagree. for this game only character design i like, but gameplay kinda slow and sometime it had unresponsive respond,the only feature kinda neat are link and link arte but most of arte kinda useless. graces f have the best gameplay,fast paced and every button input have their own combo,man i wish xillia have that combo system based from graces f .
---
The legend meets it match, But........the world is ever changing for 15th coming!.
#80YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 8/14/2013 4:48:43 PM
darkzero16 posted...
SepticTank53 posted...

You guys need to grow the hell up. I never played destiny R, but i sure as hell am not gonna youtube it and make my opinion of it based on that.

Life would be easier if everyone followed this. Sadly I don't feel lucky. lololololol

To you as well as SepticTank53,

Either use the block feature, or stop your whining. It's not going to change anything.