Do you think Milla will ever become as popular as Final Fantasy's Lightning?

#1Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 8/16/2013 7:44:19 AM
I doubt it, but I still like Milla better than Lightning.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#2karissa1Posted 8/16/2013 7:45:22 AM
I still don't see why she gets compared to Lightning to be honest.
#3The_Lost_SabrePosted 8/16/2013 7:50:28 AM
Being a better character is meaningless in the face of popularity unfortunately. Also, a character being in a niche series should be enough of a clue to know your answer.
---
"You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!" ~ The Void
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 8/16/2013 7:51:37 AM
No.
---
Sakuraba's best in a long time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGwEDMcMIY
http://i.imgur.com/Lom3UsN.gif
#5Arc166Posted 8/16/2013 7:52:31 AM
hahah aahahahah ahahhahahahahah
no
#6Number090684Posted 8/16/2013 7:53:13 AM
karissa1 posted...

Likewise. I think the all comparisons stem from that this is the 13th main Tales game, Milla is the main female protagonist, is the leader of the group although unofficially, and that she is rather stoic, headstrong and objective minded.

Personally, I dont like either of them.
---
US PSN: Number090684
#7Aero_SlasherPosted 8/16/2013 7:54:31 AM
No, because Namco isn't forcing her down everyone's throats. Square's devotion to Lightning is disturbing. You should read some of the interviews done with the producer. I think the one that pissed most people off was when he said that she's the series' only female protagonist, and when contended with Terra and Celes, he responded that they didn't count.
#8IseleyPosted 8/16/2013 8:06:43 AM
Aero_Slasher posted...
No, because Namco isn't forcing her down everyone's throats. Square's devotion to Lightning is disturbing. You should read some of the interviews done with the producer. I think the one that pissed most people off was when he said that she's the series' only female protagonist, and when contended with Terra and Celes, he responded that they didn't count.

And what about Yuna?! I love Lightning and she is my favorite female lead in a Final Fantasy, but I also loved Yuna. Two very capable women that show they don't always need to be obsessed over some guy (well, until X-2 happened anyway).

Anyway, Milla is not as memorable as Lightning. Milla, by herself, is a well done character, but her supporting cast and the story really drag her down. That's any Tales games problem though. They can have one or two good characters, but everything else holds the character(s) back from really shining.
#9ThefallenseraphPosted 8/16/2013 8:11:03 AM
Number090684 posted...
karissa1 posted...

Likewise. I think the all comparisons stem from that this is the 13th main Tales game, Milla is the main female protagonist, is the leader of the group although unofficially, and that she is rather stoic, headstrong and objective minded.

Personally, I dont like either of them.

And we all learned a little something about what kind of women you like
---
Lets get it on FREAK!!
#10hyperknees91Posted 8/16/2013 8:11:39 AM
It doesn't really matter. Yuri Hyuga will never be as popular as Yuri Lowell despite being the better character but that's ok as long as others know his true value~
---
oof