Any lilium orb guides?

#1gamer6879403333Posted 8/25/2013 9:16:22 PM
I've done 2 playthroughs now, one for both characters... Anyway, I'm tired of having to use my GP blindly, hoping to expand it as much as possible to get to the far superior second orb ASAP. So is there any guides out there that show exactly what portions expand the orb for specific characters so I can get both orbs expanded in the least amount of levels?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2HiroshidaPosted 8/25/2013 9:20:31 PM
...it's pretty much explained in-game that you have to unlock the "key" section along with two other sections on the outer ring in order to expand your orb.
---
FC: 3969 4513 2614 (FE:A/PxZ/SMTIV/Pokemon X/Y) PSN (PS3 and Vita): MSMrRound (R3 account) Drop me a PM if you added me and I'll add you back.
#3QuasiSealPosted 8/25/2013 9:22:12 PM
This brings laziness to a whole new level. You just need to fill out 3 sections in each layer to advance to the next. 1 of those 3 sections being the one with orb advancement node.

Just open up your Lilium Orb and look for the node with a ring around it and then find the fastest route to get to that node.
#4gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:33:11 PM(edited)
QuasiSeal posted...
This brings laziness to a whole new level. You just need to fill out 3 sections in each layer to advance to the next. 1 of those 3 sections being the one with orb advancement node.

Just open up your Lilium Orb and look for the node with a ring around it and then find the fastest route to get to that node.

That never works. I fill it in, and... Nothing, no expansion. It's totally random whether it expands or not. Sometimes I need to fill in 3 other sections after that "key node" to make it open more, sometimes I only need to fill in 1 (one time with Rowen I needed to literally fill in every single node AFTER doing the key one first before it expanded). That's why I need a guide.

Or did I run into a glitch somehow? Because me needing to do a full wrap around after getting a key node filled in doesn't mesh with what you guys are saying. I mean yeah it only happened once, but that one time was enough to make me think it's random.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#5HiroshidaPosted 8/25/2013 9:37:38 PM
It always expand after key node and two node on outer rings get filled. If it isn't expanding, you probably missed out one orb along the way. (Completed nodes have a particular effect on it. Highlight the nodes to check whether it's really completed or you are missing out on a orb or whatsoever)
---
FC: 3969 4513 2614 (FE:A/PxZ/SMTIV/Pokemon X/Y) PSN (PS3 and Vita): MSMrRound (R3 account) Drop me a PM if you added me and I'll add you back.
#6QuasiSealPosted 8/25/2013 9:40:49 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
QuasiSeal posted...

That never works. I fill it in, and... Nothing, no expansion. It's totally random whether it expands or not. Sometimes I need to fill in 3 other sections after that "key node" to make it open more, sometimes I only need to fill in 1 (one time with Rowen I needed to literally fill in every single node AFTER doing the key one first before it expanded). That's why I need a guide.

Or did I run into a glitch somehow? Because me needing to do a full wrap around after getting a key node filled in doesn't mesh with what you guys are saying. I mean yeah it only happened once, but that one time was enough to make me think it's random.

Incorrect. That just isn't possible. You must not be understanding what a section is.

On the left of your screen you will see the key, three nodes. Two of them will fill up each time a section is filled and the third one is the for section with the node that has a ring around it. Just go straight after the node with a ring around it and fill two sections as you go by. There is no secret to it. Some people just think too hard.
#7gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:45:21 PM
Uh, no... I definitely encountered a time where it only expanded after I wrapped around completely after taking care of the key node first thing. Must have been an exceedingly rare glitch or something. Too bad that apparently made me not understand how it works after 2 playthroughs thanks to it giving me a wrong idea.
---
#8Omega_Zero_XPPosted 8/25/2013 10:03:38 PM
Step one: unlock the grid by beating girl in red
Step two: level up.
Step three: go to menu and choose LO
Step four: select the character you wanna use with l1/r1
Step five: hit select button and choose yes.
Step six: repeat two through five

I think you didn't pay attention. there are three orbs under the characters name in the top left. You need to fill up the outer layer where there is a special symbol around the skill as well as two other outside areas.

Your case: you probably filled the special symbol outer area last.
---
"This question again..." - rascal45
"Pssst... don't tell anyone, but this website is called GameFREQUENTLYASKEDQUESTIONS." - regularsharp
#9gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 10:07:45 PM
Omega_Zero_XP posted...
Your case: you probably filled the special symbol outer area last.

Nope. As I said, I filled that in FIRST.
---
#10alt_realityPosted 8/25/2013 10:15:15 PM
On the off chance you're just an idiot and not a troll, it's pretty simple. It's always the exact same thing...

Completely surround the section with the orb advancement node (the one with the weird border). This will make the first of the three orbs at the top left turn from white to yellow (it also has that weird border).

Completely surround two other sections on the outside; it doesn't matter which ones. This will make the other two white orbs in the top left change from white to yellow.

This works 100% of the time, no exceptions, no glitches. Later, there will be nodes in the middle of the sections on the shorter sides as well as the longer sides so you probably missed one of those. You need to have activated every single one to fill in the section which is required for completing the section.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III