Jude's Father plot hole? (spoilers)

#1Willster328Posted 8/27/2013 3:22:49 PM
Figured I'd ask this before doing some heavy youtube research, but.... here's my possible plot hole:

1. Jude's Dad is a Doctor
2. His Dad was from Elympios and was a member of Exodus
3. Thus, being from Eympios he doesnt have a mana lobe.

Question:

How is his Dad such a renowned Doctor without using artes? If his Dad was using a Spyrix to perform his feats, wouldnt Milla immediately recognize him using it?

We were just curious because we couldnt recall some of the injuries he had healed, and weren't sure how he'd really be a "great doctor" if he wasnt using Spirit Artes. I dont know, we just thought it seemed conveniently out of place
#2TAoRPosted 8/27/2013 3:23:56 PM
They have mana lobes, they're just devolved in the vast majority. It's rare but there are people who still have developed mana lobes.
#3Willster328(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 3:27:29 PM
Really?? I thought they made it rather clear that Maxwell intentionally separated all mana-lobers in Reize Maxia for their sustained prosperity, and damned the others to Elympios since they were all using Spyrixes.
#4JobClassPosted 8/27/2013 3:28:15 PM
TAoR posted...
They have mana lobes, they're just devolved in the vast majority. It's rare but there are people who still have developed mana lobes.

yes, but they pointed out it was really really really rare, they practically went out of their way to say it.

He did use spyrix, but theres a sub event that kinda explains it

If you don't mind spoilers...

He used spyrix but dumped it in old Vicarelle mine, now he uses traditional methods like physical therapy (he implemented it on an NPC loli) there's a sub event in chapter 4 you can watch.
---
"I bestow upon you the gift of life! Rejuvenate!"
#5ShadowRiftPosted 8/27/2013 3:32:35 PM
Derrick can't use healing spirit artes, but he can probably perform at a high level as a doctor due to just having much more advanced medical knowledge than anyone in Rieze Maxia. So while he couldn't just cast a spell to make you feel better, he could still use traditional medicine. Think of a modern day doctor stuck in a fantasy world where people use magic to heal each other... he can't use magic, but'd still know a great deal more about the human body and medicine than anyone else. Think of the case of Alvin's mother - her sickness is too advanced for healing artes to treat it, but Exodus medicine can.

The mana lobe thing isn't really relevant. Derrick can't use spirit artes, which is made more explicitly clear in the sequel.
#6MaplesGrandGMPosted 8/27/2013 3:33:36 PM
JobClass posted...
TAoR posted...

yes, but they pointed out it was really really really rare, they practically went out of their way to say it.

He used spyrix but dumped it in old Vicarelle mine, now he uses traditional methods like physical therapy (he implemented it on an NPC loli) there's a sub event in chapter 4 you can watch.

Which did not at all suggest that "it was just really really really rare." I don't recall them ever suggesting people on Elympios could have mana lobes, not even a mention of it being very rare.
#7gamer6879403333Posted 8/27/2013 3:36:35 PM
ShadowRift posted...
Derrick can't use healing spirit artes, but he can probably perform at a high level as a doctor due to just having much more advanced medical knowledge than anyone in Rieze Maxia. So while he couldn't just cast a spell to make you feel better, he could still use traditional medicine. Think of a modern day doctor stuck in a fantasy world where people use magic to heal each other... he can't use magic, but'd still know a great deal more about the human body and medicine than anyone else. Think of the case of Alvin's mother - her sickness is too advanced for healing artes to treat it, but Exodus medicine can.

The mana lobe thing isn't really relevant. Derrick can't use spirit artes, which is made more explicitly clear in the sequel.

Exactly. There's more to medicine then magic. Even Jude has medical and doctoring knowledge then just magic, he properly patched up a certain person after a certain injury late in the game... And it's clear from a number of things that magic alone didn't handle that. Magical healing is just one aspect of being a doctor, not everything to it.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#8TAoRPosted 8/27/2013 3:40:30 PM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
JobClass posted...
TAoR posted...

Which did not at all suggest that "it was just really really really rare." I don't recall them ever suggesting people on Elympios could have mana lobes, not even a mention of it being very rare.

iirc it's Balan who says it's really rare but it does happen
#9BillysanPosted 8/27/2013 4:37:45 PM
TAoR posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...
JobClass posted...
TAoR posted...

iirc it's Balan who says it's really rare but it does happen

Yep, Balan even says those people usually just end up becoming sideshow acts and what not on Elympios.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291