Anyway you can disable R3 for character switch?

#1Kenmasters676Posted 8/28/2013 8:58:56 AM
I love this game. But this one feature absolutely drives me crazy. No matter how soft/hard/light i hit the R3 for shortcut input for artes, i KEEP getting that stupid dumb character switch menu. It just drives me nuts, i miss links, chain arts. I could just use L1, but that's inconvenient for me.

There has to be other people who is going through this, it's VERY annoying and i am surprise that you use the same button for character switch as a shortcut input that is most convenient for us.

Any suggestions?
#2KarateChopinPosted 8/28/2013 9:08:14 AM
don't press down on it when using artes
#3cloudropisPosted 8/28/2013 9:08:26 AM
Is this your first Tales? You don't press R3, you just use the stick for the 4 shortucts. Just move it without pressing.
And trust me, the L1 shortcut are immensely useful.
#4XendylPosted 8/28/2013 9:16:48 AM(edited)
???

You're supposed to tilt the stick, not push down on it
---
Let's Play: Tales of Xillia 2
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88265
#5578t7645uyb5Posted 8/28/2013 9:09:24 AM
Kenmasters676 posted...

There has to be other people who is going through this,

Spent 112 hours and never had that problem.
---
Xenoblade is the spiritual successor of FF12.
999 and VLR are the best Visual Novels to date.
#6Sticky_DerpPosted 8/28/2013 9:09:45 AM
ahaha dude doesn't even read the menus... or even the controller guide
r3 is the "button" triggered when you press in the stick
the stick itself is not r3
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#7Sticky_DerpPosted 8/28/2013 9:09:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Rennik RepotsirPosted 8/28/2013 9:10:17 AM
Only thing I can suggest is pushing around the perimeter of the thumb pad. It is annoying... in almost all games that use R3/L3 for actions. Other than that, clicking R3 again will cancel the swap request...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
Nothing personal... I'm just bored...
#9Kenmasters676(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:16:21 AM
I played every tales game, i know the difference between pressing R3 and moving it up and down.

I HAVEN'T been pressing the R3 button at all. When i just press it down up right left, it goes to the menu. No matter what i do. Even if i do it super lightly. Drives me nuts.

I think it might be my controller, but i think it's really stupid you can't change the character design. But i don't have that problems with other games where it is required to press R3 in.

I just bought a new playstation 3 controller 2 weeks ago too!

I guess i'll just use L1 then...and not have R3 for artes..really annoying.
#10ArriOnrpgPosted 8/28/2013 9:25:03 AM
Kenmasters676 posted...
I played every tales game, i know the difference between pressing R3 and moving it up and down.

I HAVEN'T been pressing the R3 button at all. When i just press it down up right left, it goes to the menu. No matter what i do. Even if i do it super lightly. Drives me nuts.

I think it might be my controller, but i think it's really stupid you can't change the character design. But i don't have that problems with other games where it is required to press R3 in.

I just bought a new playstation 3 controller 2 weeks ago too!

I guess i'll just use L1 then...and not have R3 for artes..really annoying.

I like how the fallback defense is "I've played every X game, so I know what I'm doing"

There are no movements of the right stick that open up the menu. If that's happening, it's something messed up with your controller, not the game.

Now, if pressing the right stick down opens up the menu, then I can see the issue. Seeing as you keep calling it R3 though, I'm suspecting you're pressing it in then moving it in a direction, in which case stop it. There is nothing that requires R3 to be pressed in for a tales game.