Jet black feather quest?

#1tanin123Posted 8/31/2013 6:58:09 AM
I play at Shariton town .
I trade jet black feather to trader for exchange blue sage.

When I check the sub event list it show not complete although I trade already.

How to make it completely?

Thanks
#2Immature_SagePosted 8/31/2013 7:04:02 AM
The Quest itself is completed when you give him about 459 feathers and you do a small side quest related to the black feather merchant in the Culmar Trail. After, you may continue to trade feathers for items and titles. The last title, worth 300 grade for when you beat the game comes from trading 1000 feathers.
---
Intelligence is the ultimate strength, and wisdom is the ultimate power. This knowledge is the cornerstone that can become the foundation.
#3PrinnyViviPosted 8/31/2013 8:29:23 AM
Also for the events to happen he has to be holding the amount of feathers. So to see the first one he has to have 100 (I think) and so forth up to 459 feathers. So if you use them when you hand them into him you won't see the events, but it still counts towards the titles I think since I got the events and now working towards 1000 feathers.
#4SciencePapaPosted 8/31/2013 3:12:48 PM
Prinny is not correct. You may trade as many feathers you want and the events will still take place every 100 feathers. In addition the final event will still take place when the total number of feathers reaches 459 regardless of the number of feathers the merchant has on hand.
#5Krystal109Posted 8/31/2013 4:45:06 PM
His event is not just for trading, you have to get 459 feathers and then meet him at Culmar Trail... THAT is his event, not trading. Trading is it's own thing and only affects titles after 459.
#6PrinnyViviPosted 8/31/2013 7:45:49 PM
SciencePapa posted...
Prinny is not correct. You may trade as many feathers you want and the events will still take place every 100 feathers. In addition the final event will still take place when the total number of feathers reaches 459 regardless of the number of feathers the merchant has on hand.

Just for your information when I read a walkthrough for the Jap. version of Tales of Xillia it said you needed the feathers on the merchant for the events to take place. So sorry if its not correct cause that's what a guide told me so I thought it was like that. That's why I never exchanged for things.
#7Fa1nTyPosted 8/31/2013 7:54:03 PM
Krystal109 posted...
His event is not just for trading, you have to get 459 feathers and then meet him at Culmar Trail... THAT is his event, not trading. Trading is it's own thing and only affects titles after 459.

Can this be done at any time?

I had done the quest already, but last time I did it, he did not appear in culmar. He only appeared after I finished up the events in the "late game" area and could go back.
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp