Tales of Xillia vs. the Series, Day 8: Tales of Graces f (PS3)

#1OrangeCrush980Posted 8/31/2013 12:17:24 PM
Which game do you like better? - Results (270 votes)
Tales of Xillia
54.44% (147 votes)
Tales of Graces f (PS3)
45.56% (123 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Xillia has beaten:
Tales of Destiny (PS1)
Tales of Eternia (PS1/PSP) aka Tales of Destiny II
Tales of Legendia (PS2)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)

Xillia lost to:
Tales of Symphonia (GC/PS2)
Tales of the Abyss (PS2/3DS)
Tales of Vesperia (X360/PS3)
---
"You are insects railing against the heavens. Your actions will change nothing." - Uhai, Fire Emblem 7
#2TAoRPosted 8/31/2013 12:19:39 PM
Graces F has objectively better gameplay but I prefer Xillia. It's more fun.
#3goodlyoakPosted 8/31/2013 12:21:59 PM
Graces is pure **** it's the absolute worst tales game I have ever played and **** you Cheria your one of the main problems in Graces.
#4DarkRPGMasterPosted 8/31/2013 12:23:12 PM
Xillia, definitely.

Shop 'leveling' is better, the story and characters aren't facepalm inducing, linking attacks in battles is interesting and somewhat fun, and having 2 different 'sides' to seeing the game's story adds for some good replayability.
---
If being open to things is a crime, then I deserve the death penalty.
Warning, overactive imagination, will come up with crazy ideas at a moment's notice.
#5RasolisuPosted 8/31/2013 12:34:29 PM(edited)
Here is where things will get brutal....

Prefer Graces F for its far superior gameplay, better Ai, comedy, length, characters, extras, fusion system, puzzles, and overall setting. Compared to those Xillia comes off kinda bland, unfinished and rushed.

A few plot elements like FRIENDSHIP detract but Xillia had worse, it is easily the best tales game with Symphonia as a close second.
---
The fastest way to ruin a series you like is to get to know the other people playing it.
#6RedShadowwwPosted 8/31/2013 12:26:37 PM
I liked graces f more, I'm one of the few people that liked the story (or well in most cases, not hate it to death) and the characters/skits were great. Not to mention the amazing battle system, I definitely had more fun in that then I did with Xillia.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2637-9811-0553
Add me for Pokemon X/Y, PM me with your friend code if you did.
#7KarateChopinPosted 8/31/2013 12:31:00 PM
graces is absolute trash
#8MajinKogahazanPosted 8/31/2013 12:34:53 PM
Rasolisu posted...
Here is where things will get brutal....

Prefer Graces F for its far superior gameplay, better Ai, comedy, length, characters, extras, fusion system, puzzles, and overall setting. Compared to those Xillia comes off kinda bland, unfinished and rushed. (A few plot elements like FRIENDSHIP detract but Xillia had worse.)

I disagree with pretty much everything except for the extras and Graces' stupid friendship stuff.

I especially disagree with the comedy, Xillia isn't exactly hilarious, but its attempts at comedy are way better than the cringe worthy material in Graces.

Length is subjective, I sometimes prefer a shorter game, but that doesn't matter here because Xillia is currently stretching far beyond the 30 hours everyone said it would be.

I prefer the more traditional battle system, and a world map that's at least a little more than a few paths. Puzzles are non-existant in Xillia, but terribly boring in Graces. AI is good in both. Setting in Xillia feels a lot more fleshed out. Characters seem a lot better handled than in Graces, personally don't care for fusing etc.

Of course this is just my opinion.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#9God_of_HumilityPosted 8/31/2013 12:37:34 PM
Graces has to win this. It has the best combat in the series, great characters, a huge amount of content, more replayability, more customization and much better balance between party members.

Compare that to Xillia that has the same old combat Team Symphonia always uses (which is still great, but Graces blew it out the water), a very rushed story, a streamlined Shop system that is so simple and linear that it feels more like a chore than customization and the most characters are completely outclassed in battle by Jude and Milla.

The only things Xillia does better are probably the story (that is very rushed, but has potential, at least) and the soundtrack, which is pretty good for Tales. Xillia was a great game, but Graces was just so much better.

Anyone who disagress with me is completely and utterly wrong, or has a different opinion, whichever you prefer.
#10XtraTPosted 8/31/2013 12:38:50 PM
lol@kids who hate on Graces, they're the same one who say Xillia is the best Tales game.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.