Quick ways to get to level 99?

#1Dr JackalPosted 9/24/2013 1:41:24 AM
I'm post game now. I read some of the stuff.

I guess the consensus is eat EXP 100% food, put damage to 1, use Dark Seals, and spam an arte like Tidal Wave? Can I just spam it without any prep? I figured I'd run out of TP.

Also, if that is the best way to grind, where is the best place to use that method and how long should I spam it?
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia, White Knight Chronicles, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
#2BreyantPosted 9/24/2013 6:01:26 AM
Honestly if you're trying to get level 99, I assume that means you're working on trophies. And in that case, you'll need a second playthrough. You'll get 99 with 10x exp with no grinding required.
---
No one steals my ship. Not even me.
#3ryanshowseason2Posted 9/24/2013 6:05:28 AM
New game + 5x exp and 2x exp.

Carry over shop levels so you can get the right food early on for the 100% boosts.

Slogging through 1x exp in tatalian abyss doesn't sound like fun. It will take you by my estimate 5-6 hours to make a million xp.

I just started another game going through the story I didn't play yet and 10x will make level 99 a breeze. One particular final boss will net you 500,000 xp alone. You just run through the storyline and spend points.
#4Shazow3987Posted 9/24/2013 6:24:43 AM
I just got to level 99 for the trophy. and I just went to the Coliseum and spam title wave with all my characters with demon seals and Rowen with dark seal. It took me about 2 n half hours from 89 to 99. It was pretty easy grind with devil arm on rowen and just watch tv.
---
PSN : Zhigh
#5ryanshowseason2Posted 9/24/2013 6:35:01 AM
Shazow3987 posted...
I just got to level 99 for the trophy. and I just went to the Coliseum and spam title wave with all my characters with demon seals and Rowen with dark seal. It took me about 2 n half hours from 89 to 99. It was pretty easy grind with devil arm on rowen and just watch tv.

Shazow3987 posted...
I just got to level 99 for the trophy. and I just went to the Coliseum and spam title wave with all my characters with demon seals and Rowen with dark seal.

Shazow3987 posted...
and I just went to the Coliseum and spam title wave with all my characters with demon seals and Rowen with dark seal.

Shazow3987 posted...
spam title wave.

Shazow3987 posted...
TITLE wave.

XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA XILLIA
#6KryptoPyro13Posted 9/24/2013 7:27:40 AM
You don't even need EXP x10, you can get to level 99 with EXP x2, EXP +100% foods on every boss, and three runthroughs of Magnus Zero with chain encounters.
---
"Expect nothing. That way you will never be disappointed."
#7Akatsuki-SenseiPosted 9/24/2013 8:16:55 AM
Get a 2x EXP food and beat the Golden Mage Knight. Change it to easy mode if you want to make things faster. He will give 240k EXP every time, and you will always level up at least once.
---
July 5th, won my first tournament. I never had such a good game like that before. -PSN: Amaterasu04. Find me on Dueling Network - Username: Magatsu Amaterasu.
#8Dr Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 12:07:11 PM
I don't plan on NG+. So I just wanted to do it in this playthrough.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia, White Knight Chronicles, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
#9VeghEstherPosted 9/24/2013 12:20:35 PM
Good luck I beat most tales of games on a first run only at level 60 to 70.
#10Metarius6Posted 9/24/2013 12:35:17 PM
I got level 99 by setting the difficulty to Unknown, using EXP food, equipping Milla with the Minimum Damage skill and Risk Ring, equipping everyone else with Dark Seals and the bonus EXP skill, and having her spam Sylph on a target in Tatalian Abyss until my combo was at 10k+. It took me somewhere between 1-2 hours to get my party from ~85 to 99 (without any grade shop EXP modifiers).

Granted I used a turbo controller for this. This option probably isn't feasible if you don't have one and can't tolerate doing nothing but mashing one button for a while.