Which button do you use for attacking and which one for artes?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Which button do you use for attacking and which one for artes?
2 years ago#1
topic title - Results (45 votes)
X for attacking, O for artes
75.56% (34 votes)
O for attacking, X for artes
20% (9 votes)
Other - I like to be different.
4.44% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I prefer using O for attacking and X for artes, because that's the way I'm used to them being from playing Phantasia, Eternia, Abyss, and Vesperia. I got used to it being the other way around in Graces f, but that's only one where that style works for me.
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
2 years ago#2
My first PlayStation-based Tales game was a Japanese import, so I've always opted to use the circle button for normal attacks.
People are entitled to their opinions. Mix opinion with condescension and rudeness, and then we have a problem.
Currently playing: GTAV, RE4, ToI-R, Sonic '06
2 years ago#3
Both, I guess, I just go with whatever is default, for the most part.

It does present a bit of a problem when I'm trying to juggle multiple games at once, though. Like right now, I'm trying to juggle NDX, Rebirth (when I'm traveling for work) and Xillia 2 (when I have time at home). I switched Xillia 2 to English standards since I just played through X1, but haven't fiddled with Rebirth or NDX, so most of my gaming sessions start with me emptying half my TP pool/emptying all my FGs before I remember that they are set differently.
Koitsu wa mirai wo takusu eigo no tsurugi da! ZANKUU TENSHOUKEN!!!!
2 years ago#4
I usually leave it as default, except in the case of when I buy a game twice.

Symphonia: A = Attack, B = Techs

Abyss: X = Attack, O = Artes

Graces... you can't change it

Vesperia 360 I changed because having B as normal attacks is just wrong... B should never be normal attacks.

Vesperia PS3 I changed to match Abyss

Xillia (jpn) I left as default (and changed it to match the Japanese Default when the English version came out.)
The more time I spend on GameFAQs, the more I realize that people are ass hats and the world is going to ****.
2 years ago#5
x for attack and o for artes
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
2 years ago#6
fresh button
GF's Official BBW lover - Thick Chicks can get it too
2 years ago#7
The default.
2 years ago#8
I prefer the American button set up that's why when I played FF7 in English that uses the Japanese setup of O = accept command and X = Cancel I had to change it to X = Accept and O = Cancel.

So once I do play on buying Xillia if X isn't already used for normal attacks and O isn't used for Artes by default I'll reverse the 2 buttons since I find it easier to use Ares = O and X = normal hits.

However if a tales of game doesn't use the L1 or R1 + O button for artes shortcut keys I will change it to use them that way.

NDX is too easy 100% job class mastery = Mel and Dio at levels over 150 (and the max level is 200) yet I still used X = fight command and O = spells/artes for its controls.

Once all jobs in NDX are mastered I let Dio use the jobs that are basically the Guy/Reid/LLoyd/Cless Artes setup let Mel be in a magic attack class job and use Cless and Mint my final 2 NDX party members.
2 years ago#9
I use O for normal attacks. Probably because of Phantasia.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Which button do you use for attacking and which one for artes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived