Which button do you use for attacking and which one for artes?

#1Rizaadon007Posted 9/28/2013 12:51:57 PM
topic title - Results (45 votes)
X for attacking, O for artes
75.56% (34 votes)
O for attacking, X for artes
20% (9 votes)
Other - I like to be different.
4.44% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I prefer using O for attacking and X for artes, because that's the way I'm used to them being from playing Phantasia, Eternia, Abyss, and Vesperia. I got used to it being the other way around in Graces f, but that's only one where that style works for me.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#2EtherealistPosted 9/28/2013 6:40:42 PM
My first PlayStation-based Tales game was a Japanese import, so I've always opted to use the circle button for normal attacks.
---
People are entitled to their opinions. Mix opinion with condescension and rudeness, and then we have a problem.
Currently playing: GTAV, RE4, ToI-R, Sonic '06
#3beautheschmoPosted 9/28/2013 7:02:23 PM
Both, I guess, I just go with whatever is default, for the most part.

It does present a bit of a problem when I'm trying to juggle multiple games at once, though. Like right now, I'm trying to juggle NDX, Rebirth (when I'm traveling for work) and Xillia 2 (when I have time at home). I switched Xillia 2 to English standards since I just played through X1, but haven't fiddled with Rebirth or NDX, so most of my gaming sessions start with me emptying half my TP pool/emptying all my FGs before I remember that they are set differently.
---
Koitsu wa mirai wo takusu eigo no tsurugi da! ZANKUU TENSHOUKEN!!!!
#4Milla_MaxwellPosted 9/28/2013 7:08:43 PM
I usually leave it as default, except in the case of when I buy a game twice.

Symphonia: A = Attack, B = Techs

Abyss: X = Attack, O = Artes

Graces... you can't change it

Vesperia 360 I changed because having B as normal attacks is just wrong... B should never be normal attacks.

Vesperia PS3 I changed to match Abyss

Xillia (jpn) I left as default (and changed it to match the Japanese Default when the English version came out.)
---
The more time I spend on GameFAQs, the more I realize that people are ass hats and the world is going to ****.
#5peter_888Posted 9/28/2013 7:33:59 PM
x for attack and o for artes
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#6Red HazePosted 10/1/2013 7:44:28 AM
fresh button
---
GF's Official BBW lover - Thick Chicks can get it too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-lISXQFlo
#7Arc166Posted 10/1/2013 8:09:27 AM
The default.
#8VeghEstherPosted 10/1/2013 10:18:56 AM(edited)
I prefer the American button set up that's why when I played FF7 in English that uses the Japanese setup of O = accept command and X = Cancel I had to change it to X = Accept and O = Cancel.

So once I do play on buying Xillia if X isn't already used for normal attacks and O isn't used for Artes by default I'll reverse the 2 buttons since I find it easier to use Ares = O and X = normal hits.

However if a tales of game doesn't use the L1 or R1 + O button for artes shortcut keys I will change it to use them that way.

NDX is too easy 100% job class mastery = Mel and Dio at levels over 150 (and the max level is 200) yet I still used X = fight command and O = spells/artes for its controls.

Once all jobs in NDX are mastered I let Dio use the jobs that are basically the Guy/Reid/LLoyd/Cless Artes setup let Mel be in a magic attack class job and use Cless and Mint my final 2 NDX party members.
#9Havic101Posted 10/1/2013 10:18:14 AM
I use O for normal attacks. Probably because of Phantasia.
---
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1338/27/1338271116304.gif