Do you plan to get Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 2?

#1gamer6879403333Posted 12/6/2013 9:40:59 PM
Another thread like this was up a few days ago, but it got deleted for being off topic. I am remaking it for whoever made that one because I liked that thread. But it needs to be on topic for this board, which is why I'm asking about Xillia 2 also. Here's my post from the thread, salvaged using Google caches.

"I'm not sure. Yes I like Symphonia and I like the new stuff from the PS2 version it will have, but... I have logged enough hours into my original save file that I think the timer has maxed out, my gald from so many playthroughs is so high that I can fully restore Luin with less then 5% of my total (I think it's somewhere around 90 million, MAYBE 85 million, somewhere in there), I have got every single arte for both T and S, I've got every costume... It's pretty much a perfect file at this point. And I hate redoing stuff. It's the same reason I was kinda relieved we didn't get Vesperia PS3, because I knew I would be tempted to buy it and then have to get all my grade and gald and created items and artes and redo that AWFUL post game dungeon and tons other stuff all over again.

So I want to, but I don't know if I want to deal with having to start all over again."

As for Xillia 2, hell yes. But I don't know why it's taking so long, a voice actor said that Xillia 2's dub was finished months ago.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2DuuuDe14Posted 12/6/2013 9:44:10 PM
Day 1
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#3Havic101Posted 12/6/2013 9:53:29 PM
Yep yep. Certainly gonna get them both. Been forever since I played Symphonia. Gotta check out the updated version and the Japanese audio as more incentive to play as well.

Xillia 2 I'm excited for, just like most everyone else here on this board.
---
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/src/1386339171992.gif
#4NSGraphitePosted 12/6/2013 10:03:10 PM
I will be getting xillia 2 for sure.

Symphonia chronicles i'm not sure. i'll probably get it becuse i didnt own a gamecube and didnt get to play it the first time around. (I do have a wii and was considering trying to find it at a reasonable price so i could then also get tos2, but then they announced chronicles)

The problem is that i dont have a lot of time to play these things. There are a ton of other games i want to play as well, so i have to balance these things out. i want to play mgs rising, killer is dead. yakuza dead souls, argarest war 2, tomb raider, the uncharted series, the last of us, zoe collection, assassins creed 4, mass effect trilogy. heck, i havent even bought dmc4 and i'm a huge dmc fan! i just dont have time for all these games.

And then theres the games that havent come out yet....ff15, persona 5, mighty no.9, the new strider, the next gen tales....i just cant keep up!

But i think tales of will remain high on my must play list. it will likely trump everything except smt games, final fantasy games (depending...xv is #1 most wanted at the moment) and a few other must play jrpg franchises. tales of is great for me because with the multiplayer aspect, i can always play it with my kids around and they can help me. they love doing that so i will likely continue to buy tales games for qujite some time to come.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#5Zantetsuken_GPosted 12/6/2013 10:21:04 PM
long list of anticipated games for 2014. Freshly added to my list is Persona 5 and Drakengard 3.
---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#6LightOfJudgmentPosted 12/6/2013 10:28:11 PM
You may as well ask me if I'm going to eat food in the next 24 hours.
---
Find your own worth and you'll surely never lose it, for that which comes from within is that of which one can be truly and absolutely certain.
#7RolandoWaltzPosted 12/6/2013 10:34:18 PM
LightOfJudgment posted...
You may as well ask me if I'm going to eat food in the next 24 hours.

Are you? :P

All jokes aside, yep Day 1 buy for both. I'm waiting for Xillia 2 to get a Collector's Edition though. For other titles, I'm looking forward to Persona 5, KH 2.5, FFX/X-2, Lightning Returns: FFXIII, The Last of US DLC and hopefully by then we'll get FF Type 0 + the mobile game for that.

I would've said FFXV and KH3... But I'm only going to be realistic (although they might surprise us).

2014 might be a good year for games.

Still praying for a Resonance of Fate sequel but things aren't looking to swell on that one. Merry Christmas!
---
Throwing Soulstoke Celebrations since July '13
#8XendylPosted 12/6/2013 10:43:34 PM
Symphonia = Waiting till price drop; mostly because I've replayed Symphonia so many times and the fact they didn't even remove DotNW's level cap for the original cast discourages me even more

Xillia 2 = Day 1; waiting until they announce the Emil, Yuri and Asbel pre-order costumes
---
Let's Play: Tales of Xillia 2
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88265
#9RadioOutriderPosted 12/6/2013 10:48:11 PM
I'll probably get Xillia 2 in a year or two. Symphonia, I don't know. I still have my GCN and Wii copies. The GCN game is one of my all-time favorites, but I don't really see the point in rebuying it. Will there be any extras?
#10badboyPosted 12/6/2013 10:48:18 PM
Xillia 2 only.