Should I play this first or Graces f?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Should I play this first or Graces f?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
2 years ago#1
I know that the games are unrelated to each-other, but what do you think? I own both. I have Xillia 2 too. Haven't started them yet.

User Info: Geit

Geit
2 years ago#2
Why did you get Xillia 2 if you haven't played the first yet?

The Graces battle system is rather polarizing. Some people hate it and some people love it. Maybe play a few hours of Graces first?

If it's not doing it for you, then switch to Xillia and finish it, then play Xillia 2.
I will set the ocean on fire.

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#3
Who hates Graces' battle system? I thought it was universally considered the best.
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: Kirutaru

Kirutaru
2 years ago#4
Xilia was hard for me to get into because I enjoyed Graces battles so much.

I felt Xilia battles were sluggish and boring by comparison.
It was a obstacle to my interest in the game.
TOP Gaming - http://topgamingblog.blogspot.com
3DS FC: 0061-0419-7313 (Octillery, Gyrados, Azumarill)

User Info: LagoonTheCursed

LagoonTheCursed
2 years ago#5
Play Xillia first simply because Graces is better (content-wise, and imo character-wise), and it'll be underwhelming if you go with Graces first.
3711-9198-3781 is my 3DS FC.
Creator of PokeBank Legendary Tiers. Proof: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68248309

User Info: Rygon

Rygon
2 years ago#6
When I played Graces f I was thinking I was over the Tales series and these stories are pretty lame. I got Xillia because of a crazy sale for like $7 and after I beat that Tales became on of my favorite JRPG series and I snatched up a few I missed and replayed some older ones, too.
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108

User Info: RinkuTanuki

RinkuTanuki
2 years ago#7
Graces is weird. It has some of the best gameplay the series has to offer; but at the same time it has some of the worst writing and characters, outside of the f arc.

Basically, that's a game to throw in if you want to have some cool fights. Xillia has some twists that make it a much more engaging story, even if it all does sort of fall apart in the end.
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse

User Info: Geit

Geit
2 years ago#8
Yeah, don't expect any real dark secrets or major plot twists with your Graces party.

The biggest thing that happens is when Hubert returns and he's a badass while Asbel is still a goon but compared to other Tales plots, Graces is really tame with the story.
"Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket."
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Should I play this first or Graces f?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived