Best kind of Pet?

#1USNDavidWRXPosted 3/12/2011 2:16:40 PM
Got a little tired of the troll and caught a Giant Tunnel Shark to perm it to a Burrower. Nasty little enemies that throw electricity everywhere. But from whoever has experience, what is the best kind of pet to do great damage with?
---
AIM = Vegettoman
GamerTag: SooperDoop
#2JRodslegendPosted 3/12/2011 2:20:06 PM
Elementals.
Nothing else comes close to their damage output.
Too bad they have so little health
#3stonePosted 3/17/2011 6:59:21 PM
From what I saw, every pet has so little health.. no matter what form I give my pet, he spends more time fleeing than he does actually fighting.. that's a pretty pointless feature, he's not even a good tank for my vanquisher.. if I could I,d dismiss him permanantly (i know I can send him to town to get rid of him,but he comes back)
---
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them
#4John1017_rmPosted 3/17/2011 10:09:58 PM

You can put rings and amulets on your pets, as well as giving them the heal all IV spell, that should help the HP of your pet

#5ragnewPosted 3/18/2011 12:44:15 AM
If I didn't have my Troll (Heal All VI / Haste VI) I'd surely take the Giant Tunnel Shark. Those darn Burrowers make some pretty good tanks.
---
"Not even suicide or my acid words can teach you anything useful..." - Nevermore
#6OrtegaTronPosted 3/18/2011 7:58:51 AM
I use a mimic, mainly for asthetic/ joking reasons. It's always panting and sticking it's tounge out like a dog, humorous.

I think what is really important is to equip armor/trinkets that boost pet stats. My pet rarely flees even in the toughest situations and it packs a mean bite.
---
Have you ever stopped and thought "What's wrong with this picture?"
#7RyozoPosted 3/18/2011 8:12:14 PM
If you're going to be having your companions put in a lot of work, investing in Pet Mastery ( http://www.runicfollower.com/wiki/torchlight/Pet_Mastery )is a good idea. Note that this also affects summons (skeletons, zombies, nether imps, golems)...
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#8HolmcrossPosted 3/19/2011 9:05:29 AM
Personal favorite is Ice Elemental by far, as well as mimics just because it's a treasure chest that is on your side for once.

Atm my pet is a Vorslyon but the screeching is annoying plus i think theres a glitch with it since 3 times now game has locked up when it's used cure all VI. So swapped to a dog then back to fishing up more giant ice angels.
---
Anything and anyone can fail, but brave good friends help.
#9PetphotPosted 3/19/2011 4:20:11 PM
Burrower has TONS of hp. my 2.7k hp dog turned into a 10k+ hp burrower. Also he likes to draw alot of aggro by going all sparky now and then.
---
GameFAQs: Where 4 year old 4chan memes go to die.
Xbox360/MHTri Name: Lagoon7 MHTri ID:YPTWH8
#10characterz3roPosted 3/19/2011 9:12:33 PM
I use the summon archers and zombies spells on teh dogs and find those to work well with my ranger class as both groups help keeping enemies together.