Best kind of Pet?

#1USNDavidWRXPosted 3/12/2011 2:16:40 PM
Got a little tired of the troll and caught a Giant Tunnel Shark to perm it to a Burrower. Nasty little enemies that throw electricity everywhere. But from whoever has experience, what is the best kind of pet to do great damage with?
---
AIM = Vegettoman
GamerTag: SooperDoop
#2JRodslegendPosted 3/12/2011 2:20:06 PM
Elementals.
Nothing else comes close to their damage output.
Too bad they have so little health
#3stonePosted 3/17/2011 6:59:21 PM
From what I saw, every pet has so little health.. no matter what form I give my pet, he spends more time fleeing than he does actually fighting.. that's a pretty pointless feature, he's not even a good tank for my vanquisher.. if I could I,d dismiss him permanantly (i know I can send him to town to get rid of him,but he comes back)
---
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them
#4John1017_rmPosted 3/17/2011 10:09:58 PM

You can put rings and amulets on your pets, as well as giving them the heal all IV spell, that should help the HP of your pet

#5ragnewPosted 3/18/2011 12:44:15 AM
If I didn't have my Troll (Heal All VI / Haste VI) I'd surely take the Giant Tunnel Shark. Those darn Burrowers make some pretty good tanks.
---
"Not even suicide or my acid words can teach you anything useful..." - Nevermore
#6OrtegaTronPosted 3/18/2011 7:58:51 AM
I use a mimic, mainly for asthetic/ joking reasons. It's always panting and sticking it's tounge out like a dog, humorous.

I think what is really important is to equip armor/trinkets that boost pet stats. My pet rarely flees even in the toughest situations and it packs a mean bite.
---
Have you ever stopped and thought "What's wrong with this picture?"
#7RyozoPosted 3/18/2011 8:12:14 PM
If you're going to be having your companions put in a lot of work, investing in Pet Mastery ( http://www.runicfollower.com/wiki/torchlight/Pet_Mastery )is a good idea. Note that this also affects summons (skeletons, zombies, nether imps, golems)...
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#8HolmcrossPosted 3/19/2011 9:05:29 AM
Personal favorite is Ice Elemental by far, as well as mimics just because it's a treasure chest that is on your side for once.

Atm my pet is a Vorslyon but the screeching is annoying plus i think theres a glitch with it since 3 times now game has locked up when it's used cure all VI. So swapped to a dog then back to fishing up more giant ice angels.
---
Anything and anyone can fail, but brave good friends help.
#9PetphotPosted 3/19/2011 4:20:11 PM
Burrower has TONS of hp. my 2.7k hp dog turned into a 10k+ hp burrower. Also he likes to draw alot of aggro by going all sparky now and then.
---
GameFAQs: Where 4 year old 4chan memes go to die.
Xbox360/MHTri Name: Lagoon7 MHTri ID:YPTWH8
#10characterz3roPosted 3/19/2011 9:12:33 PM
I use the summon archers and zombies spells on teh dogs and find those to work well with my ranger class as both groups help keeping enemies together.
More topics from this board...
buried treasure glitch?Panzerdrako14/25 4:09PM