Torchlight 2 wont be for xbox 360?

#11ChromeGrill212(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2011 3:50:18 PM

Baze82 posted...
I read a short interview and I think it was on co-optimus. The dev said that they were already thinking about an xbox version (it was already clear at that point that TL was going to come out on XBL) but that work on it would only be started after the PC version has been released.
---
360 GT: Baze82 / Wii friendcode: 6698 2213 6029 5759 / Monster Hunter Tri EU-ID: AKGLZN, character: Venator
--- My common sense is tingling.

wait are you talking about Torchlight 1 or Torchlight 2?

#12MOB712Posted 3/24/2011 6:11:52 PM

Shellman704 posted...
I would be highly shocked if TorchlightII does NOT come to XBLA. All the quotes from the developers lead me to believe that a simultaneous PC/360 release is a top priority for TorchlightII.
---
Currently playing: Torchlight & Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
XBL: ShellmanQCM PSN: Shellman704

Lol no.

I can tell you now they haven't even started work on porting TL2 to the 360 yet

#13Shellman704Posted 3/24/2011 6:42:44 PM
Ummm I didn't say they started porting Torchlight2 to Xbox. I said I would be shocked if this games sequel doesn't come out on Xbox at or near the same time as the PC version. I dont know what made you think anything about PC to Xbox porting hahaha...
---
#14OgesMCPosted 3/24/2011 6:59:05 PM(edited)
Well, they'd be foolish not to. Its already been said they are happy with sales. If the costs outweighed the profits (TL 1), they wouldnt say that at all. Eventually, I mean. The PC version is obviously priority.

$$$$ can buy happiness and I have $65 on TL 2.
---
35 Lightnin'
#15MOB712Posted 3/24/2011 7:23:48 PM

Shellman704 posted...
Ummm I didn't say they started porting Torchlight2 to Xbox. I said I would be shocked if this games sequel doesn't come out on Xbox at or near the same time as the PC version. I dont know what made you think anything about PC to Xbox porting hahaha...
---

Um you definitely said you think they are looking for a simultaneous release, which would mean they'd already started porting the game to 360.

And I said no, that's not a priority as its not even possible; the PC version is probably well on its way to being done. Torchlight XBLA was just released this March. TL2 has already been delayed on PC because of our XBLA version.

I can guarantee you with Runic's small team they aren't about to take ppl off to start working on a 360 version and set back the PC version more than what it already has been for PC players

#16theOxxPosted 3/24/2011 7:56:29 PM
I made a topic about this a few weeks ago. I would gladly pay for a full retail version of TL2 with the 100 achievement points and future dlc.
Great review Ogre, I fully agree with it, see ya on the Sacred2 board and Dungeon Siege 3 board too.
---
Hey Bruce, how are you getting to the show? "I'm flying us there in our Boeing 757." Flight 666. Up the Irons!
#17Strata9976Posted 3/24/2011 8:02:31 PM
I hope it does. Seeing as how sales have gone very well I can't imagine them not porting TL2. Though I imagine this will be a ways down the road after the PC version is out of course.

If/when they do port it....I really hope they add a third skill set so we can set 12 skills instead of 8 >_>
---
"No, I'm just messing with you. But, I'll probably think she's mega-hot, because I have absolutely no standards." ~ Hotdog Meister
#18KainVermillionPosted 3/25/2011 5:08:20 AM
There has been no absolute confirm or deny for a X360 port of TL2 so far. Runic has said that they would like to port it but that only time would tell whether they do or not. They have pretty much said that there will not be a simultaneous release and that it will be released first for PC then for MAC, after that it's not yet known. There was one statement from Runic in the forums that made it seem like there will be a port but interpretation being what it is......
#19Baze82Posted 3/25/2011 3:17:59 PM
@chrome: I was talking about TL 2.
---
360 GT: Baze82 / Wii friendcode: 6698 2213 6029 5759 / Monster Hunter Tri EU-ID: AKGLZN, character: Venator
--- My common sense is tingling.
#20Shellman704Posted 3/26/2011 7:49:11 AM
Woah MOB, calm down buddy. I've read quotes from Runic saying things like the first day Torchlight went up for sale on XBLA, that day alone, beat any other singleday sales record since its initial releease. Me saying I am sure they are prioitizing (if that's even a word) to make the XBLA release of Torchlight II as soon as possible doesn't mean that I think they are porting it over from PC to XBLA as we speak, just stop stretching what I said and you should understand.
---