Anything special about playing on Very Hard?

#1AxelPoePosted 7/8/2011 11:32:51 PM(edited)
For example, is it insanely hard? And how is this mode when your in the Shadow Vault?

Like how normal is Normal mode? Because if its too easy I will go on Very Hard mode. specially for Shadow Vault. Unless even on normal it gets insane later on once I am really high leveled up.
---
"Fight evil with evil."
#2Super CreaturesPosted 7/8/2011 11:37:43 PM
Eventually, even on very easy the Shadow Vault becomes very hard.

It may not be until you are fighting level 1000 enemies, or it may not be until you are fighting level 10000 enemies, but eventually, you will hit a point where it is just too much for you to handle, on any difficulty.

In the Shadow Vault, there is no cap to the enemy's level, it just keeps increasing by 1, starting at whatever level you first enter, as you progress from floor to floor.

If you enter at level 50, the enemies will start at level 50, and each floor will increase by 1 level, so by the time you reach floor 150, they will be level 200, 100 levels above your max.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 11:45:11 PM
So from what you have experienced, do you like playing in Normal, Hard, or Very Hard? And is it worth playing on that mode? And why.

Also, if you don't mind. Is it worth playing on Very Hard, or it don't matter and I might as well stay on my Normal mode?

Thanks.
---
"Fight evil with evil."
#4NuConcept2Posted 7/9/2011 12:55:54 AM
If you aren't playing hardcore, to play anything other than Very Hard is a joke. And with the exception of playing thorugh just to retire and pass items along, pretty much non-hardcore is joke too.

Play through easy harcore a few times to boost your weapon set, starting cash, and startup skills and then do a very hard hardcore, it's a completely different game.
#5reyznerPosted 7/9/2011 4:55:17 AM
I would suggest not playing on hardcore when just burning through on easy to collect, enchant, and heirloom. If the unfortunate should happen you won't lose the opportunity to keep those items. As for me I enjoy very hard, and just now on my second playthru playing around with the shared stash and heirlooming.
---
www.bigoanddukes.com
#6Lilith3013Posted 7/9/2011 9:55:30 AM
Whats so special about playing Very Hard?
#7NuConcept2Posted 7/9/2011 11:57:25 AM
reyzner posted...
I would suggest not playing on hardcore when just burning through on easy to collect, enchant, and heirloom. If the unfortunate should happen you won't lose the opportunity to keep those items. As for me I enjoy very hard, and just now on my second playthru playing around with the shared stash and heirlooming.

You have no choice, items from non-harcore are not usable in hardcore, a fact I did not find out until I was EXTREMELY prepared to play hardcore. That said, the gear I have on my level 65 harcore character completely blows anything I ever had on my regular characters away.

You should be able to do play-throughs on hardcore easy using only your most basic low-level equipment. Hardcore doesn't make it harder, it just means if you die you are dead. My last easy play through took 2 hours in which I destroyed every item I had gathered in non-hardcore and heirloomed the only good item I had over to my hardcore char.