Back into the Shadow Vault...

#1opiPosted 4/24/2012 7:58:35 AM
Hi all,

I recently took my character 20+ levels into the Shadow Vault, and now I'm back outside doing the random little missions for people, before going back in.

...When I go back in, will I have to just enter through the main floor, and fight my way back down?

opi
---
GT: The DaddyDoodle
#2Super CreaturesPosted 4/24/2012 9:10:08 AM
Yes, unless you have a town portal open deeper in the SV.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3opi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 10:16:30 AM
thanks Super! thought so, just making sure....

glad i didn't get 50+ levels in before deciding this!

opi
---
#4Super CreaturesPosted 4/24/2012 11:16:40 AM
It wouldn't really matter, if enough time has passed for it to be reset, since enemy level would be reset to be around your current level, and each floor would be randomly generated again.
---
#5opi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 5:29:09 AM
OOOOoooohhhhh, so i thought about it for a bit...

So then is it correct to say, it doesn't matter how far you get into the shadow vault, the floors are custom tuned to the level of your character?

opi
---
#6Super CreaturesPosted 4/26/2012 11:57:40 AM
The level of the enemies is set on floor 1 based on your level, and then increases by 1 for each floor after.

So, if you are level 100 when you first enter the SV, the enemies will be level 100, and by the time you get to floor 100, they will be level 200.
---
#7opi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 4:09:32 PM
okay, i'm back in town finishing the "find this ember" missions. when i get back into the shadow vault, it's my understanding that this same NPC character has a "find this ember" quest for each level.

do the other 2 characters' quests reset when i enter? the two i'm talking about are Gar (find this item), and that other chick (kill this big enemy). or do i have to wait til i'm 20+ floors down again to get missions from them? (as i've done their missions to that level already)

thanks for all the help!

opi
---
#8EremyndilPosted 4/28/2012 2:13:19 AM
Sometimes Vasman gets out of sync with the floor number. I think its been only twice that he wanted me to go to a previous floor; has never happened with Gar or the other NPC. What I do is, accept and then abandon the quest until he gives me one for the next floor. In your example I would think this fixes the quest floor.

By the way, since going into the Shadow Vault he no longer says "Good day!". I miss that. =/
---
2005: Console gaming's (early adopter) consumers become pay-to-play game testers (bugs/glitches)
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#9opi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:13:23 PM
yeah, he's like the others now. "find this ember on floor 22". looks like he's gonna miss out on 21 embers if you ask me.

no matter though, it's such a small drop in the barrel compared to everything else i'm gonna find. and it's incentive to get back to floor 22 cause them everyone's quests are gonna start up again!

opi
---