Love the customization in this game... But I need larger random maps.

#1IlluminaZer0Posted 1/6/2013 2:16:20 AM
More games should allow this level of customization: Being able to create my own Sovereigns, Factions, and Units is simply awesome. I believe I've spent over 6 hours just modifying my own custom content.

Not only is the in-game customization awesome, having so much data saved as XML makes this game remarkably easy to mod. Being able to easily modify my factions through the power of Notepad++ is beyond awesome.

The only problem now is that I have too many factions. The large map size is too small for my custom factions. Has there been any word of creating a larger random map size? The DLC has a map that is apparently 5 times larger than the default random map sizes, why can't we create randomly generated maps of that size?
#2IlluminaZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:49:50 AM
Found a decent mod, oddly enough... (As in I didn't have any luck until just now)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/433981/page/1/#replies

Time to make more factions. ;)
#3VoelgerPosted 1/6/2013 6:29:25 AM
I agree with all you say except the large map stuff, I just haven't played enough yet. I love this game though. Last night was the first time I really have it time and man! It had that civ addicted quality.
---
Clevo P160EM, i7 3720QM, gtx 680m, 16gb DDR3
PowerFAQs 1.10
#4IlluminaZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:47:56 AM
One thing I find remarkable is that there doesn't seem to be an upper limit in opponent factions... So far I can have 15 opponent factions due to my own 8 custom factions. I want a larger map to accommodate these factions of mine. ;)

Although you can place them in a tiny map as well...

It's just too bad that we cannot create custom units for a faction without playing as said faction (or making them in pure XML...)

And it definitely has that Civilization feel. Although oddly enough I haven't played a game till the end yet as I keep wanting to restart to create more content, try a different strategy, or modify the difficulty.
#5VoelgerPosted 1/6/2013 7:04:40 AM
I had that feeling in civ too, I always love the exploration and set up of the early game. I have a feeling the mods in this game are going to be awesome. Mods or expansions.
---
Clevo P160EM, i7 3720QM, gtx 680m, 16gb DDR3
PowerFAQs 1.10