Interested in this game...
- Topic Archived
- Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
Is that not an alien, as in xenomorph, Ripley, Ridley Scott, 1979, 20th Century Fox? Even if it isn't, my interest in this game has increased. I was hoping someone would have a review of sorts. I went by the DragonDivide web site and found this:
In a desolate future world ruled by a military dictatorship known as the Alliance, a team of mercenaries become unlikely heroes when they are marked for death...
Take on the role of Alpha Squad: Clint, Jin, Lynx and their disposable sidekick Lackey, as they fight their way across the world searching for who put the price on their heads.
Alpha Squad is an adventure game that has mechanics primarily used in dual-stick shooters, to keep the action fast and heavy as you explore the world and its characters.
An engaging storyline that delves into the issues surrounding Alpha Squad and the world in which they live. Play by yourself or with a friend... or three!
- A customizable progress path. You choose what levels you want to complete, which in turn affects the way the story progresses.
- A large world, with challenges ranging from exploratory missions to small arenas, creating a level of game play depth to provide hours of entertainment.
- Unforgettable weapons, ranging from staples such as the Rocket Launcher to new behemoths such as the Black Hole Cannon.
- Music provided by the incredible Stemage of Metroid Metal coupled with the beautiful artwork of industry veterans: Gonzalo Ordˇ˝ez, a contributor to UDON's fantastic Street Fighter Encyclopedia artwork, Pritesh Rane the talented character sprite animator and "Ektanadu", our mysterious background artist with several completed professional titles.
- Secrets hidden throughout the game providing entertainment away from the core storyline and perhaps with unintended consequences.
- A four player Arena mode, challenging players to survive waves of enemies on random levels.
- Local and online gameplay in both the Story Mode and Arena Mode.
- A special guest high score set by well known world record holder of several arcade games, John McAllister.
..and much more!
Here is a game play video:
I'll probably download this soon and though I know I won't get around to beating it due to the nature in which I play games, I'll still try to give as fair of a review as I can based on what I do play. I'm off not to my backloggery account to shout a post to support this game!
http://www.metroidmetal.com - Metroid music remixed to metal
http://www.backloggery.com/obishawn - See my sidebar for more free VG music
4 years ago#2
Thanks for helping to get the word out! As you know, indie games ultimately succeed or fail by community word of mouth so I certainly appreciate any coverage that can be given for the game.