Object, babes, and other things FAQ.

#1ThePyreThatBurnsPosted 4/25/2011 11:26:21 PM
Barring any type of FAQ, I've decided to start a topic where I will set down the location of doors, babes, and any other important things for the game. When I'm done, I will probably gather it and submit it into some form of FAQ.

This won't be updated terribly frequently as I tend to play a "little of everything" and the most focused that I get on a game is on the GameFly game that I have at the time (currently Enslaved: Odyessy to the West.). However, it will eventually get done and, in the meantime, new players will have a place to look for the important things.

(Note: As of now, I don't know how to unlock doors so I may "revisit" sections such as "New" Seattle as I go.)
So, to start things off:

"New" Seattle:
Exits: 2. One in the West which leads to Undergrowth. One in the Northeast which leads to the next step in your quest.

Babe: Jessica. Three screens straight up from where you start. Her quest is for you to retrieve her wallet in Undergrowth.

Boss: There's a boss in the Northeast door but he's not terribly hard. By the time you get here, you'll be experienced enough to kill him without any help. His attacks include him slowly moving to face you and firing an easily dodgeable bolt. Also, smaller goon enemies come in three every so often. Best strategy is just to fire into him but, if you get a blade barrier, then activate it and move up next to him. EIther way, he'll be dead in less than a minute.

Other notes: One screen straight down from where you start has an enemy that drops a flamethrower.
---
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln
#2ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2011 9:52:54 AM
Bump.

Been doing Overgrowth. Other than the knowledge that the fist two side paths lead nowhere, haven't really found much.
---
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln
#3DragonDividePosted 5/2/2011 9:28:44 PM
Just so you don't get too discouraged, I suppose I will spill some of the beans.

Overgrowth leads to an alternate ending. There is a side exit on the north eastern side of the level which will unlock another area.

However you cannot trigger the alternate ending unless you have triggered some specific dialogue later in the game.
---
http://www.dragondivide.com
#4ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2011 2:47:52 PM
That's kind of you but I won't get discouraged. This is just done at a comparative snail's pace.

This leads me to Overgrowth.

Overgrowth:
Exits: 1. One in the Northeast. I didn't see it unlock another area after going through it but, given that DragonDivide did make the game, I'd listen to him.

Object: Jessica's wallet. The wallet is three screens up and one to the right. Those indentations in the ground are what you should move your character over.

Boss: None

Other notes: This is a map where you will get swarmed. Use the terrain to your advantage as the enemies will slow up while moving around trees and bushes. The patterns are more managable when you enter the screen from the bottom. When entering a screen from the top or the side, the spawn locations make it difficult to handle without a different weapon/blade barrier. First aid kits are helpful but, if you get surrounded, they will kill you faster than you can bang out health.

"New" Seattle addendum: Return to Jessica and she will move in with you. (This affects the Sanctuary picture and the ending.) This makes Amanda happy (which, given that she is your handler, is a good thing to do for the person who handles your contracts and supplies your weapons) as well as Lackey......in a disturbing way.
---
#5ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2011 8:18:44 PM
Wanted to wait until I got home before doing the Scourge so I could check out the above.

Overgrowth addendum: Yup, that northeast entrance opens up Secluded.

One other thing that I should have mentioned with Overgrowth under "other things" is that item drops are quite infrequent. I tried Overgrowth a number of times and all I ever got was the rare health kit.

The Scourge:
Exits: 1 This one is right after the boss and it opens up Undertow.

Boss: This guy is basicly a larger version of the guys who swarm and bop you. He is accompanied by waves of three normal versions. The strategy here is to just shoot him or blade barrier him. As an aside, if you kill him quick, that won't stop the waves immediately. Just cap the final waves until the door and dialogue appear.

Other notes: The boppers are supposed to have a disease which brings pain in small amounts and death in large amounts. However, each screen has a narrow street so they never really approached close enough to hit me.
---
#6ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2011 1:46:31 AM
Overgrowth:
Exits: 1. Up top. Scoured the map this time and didn't see anything open up.

Object: Data crystal. It's located in the house.

Boss: None

Other notes: Short Two-screen map.
---
#7ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2011 2:20:06 AM
As a sidenote, it should be mentioned that I'm mostly just sticking with the default weapon. I do this because different weapons lead to different tactics and I really don't want to write a complete FAQ involving optimal weapons and strategies. If there's one thing I learned from my Time Crisis FAQ, it's that really complete FAQs take up an amount of time that I can only really afford when I'm unemployed.

Undertow:
Exits: 2. When you come to the sewer intersection, both branches lead to an exit. The one to the right leads to a boss fight. The door after that leads to River Crossing.

The one to the left leads to Lost Hope. If you are on one of the ledges when you get to the door, you find out that Amanda does the shopping and Jessica can't be trusted to handle Clint's......Well, never mind. If you're in the water, you find out a little more about Lynx before you go in the door.

Object: Phone book. After the first battle, you will have a choice of the upper, middle, and lower path. If you follow the lower path past the sewer intersection, you will come to a pile of garbage which has the phone book in it about two screens before the boss.

Boss: "Alien" Well, it looks like one to me. The Alien is accompanied by three slimes. If it gets close either because you get cornered or slimed, hit the blade barrier. This Boss will actually take more than one blade barrier.

Other notes: You're introduced to slimes here. Slimes spit slime bullets at you. Aside from taking a hit, they also slow you down. This can lead to the losing situation where you get hit once and then start getting multiple hits because you're too slow to dodge.

When you make your decision on which trail to follow, the lower path seems easiest but you will get very little treasure and items. The upper path often sets you right next to "boppers" plus there is still little treasure so it would be the hardest. The middle path does set you down with the slimes but you pick up most of the treasure and items. Slimes seem to be the only thing to drop items.
---
#8ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2011 10:43:41 PM(edited)
Lost Hope:
Exits: 2 exit. 1 is a red exit.

Being a small map, the normal exit shows up at the end of the map two screens to the right. There is also an entrance to a building. Go into the building and to the second floor to meet Vance and hear story stuff. Once the story part is done, a red door will show up at the top. If you exit through the red door, the game ends.

Object: Key to unlock doors. I imagine that this will work if you just talk to Vance twice. However, I met him again after getting the ending and loading the save game so I'm not sure.. Either way, if you talk to Vance a second time, you will get a key to unlock doors.

Addendum to "New" Seattle and The Scourge:

So I checked the doors that I couldn't before. Most of the doors lead to amusing conversations, gold, and/or shotguns. However, the door in "New" Seattle that is right above the exit to Overgrowth contains 4 ending doors. Given that one of the endings was the one that you can get in Lost Hope, I presume that all of the endings are ones that you can get throughout the game. I'm not sure if more endings are added to this room when you get more babes. I'll check that later but you want to avoid this room if you want to avoid spoilers.
---
#9VortexHunterPosted 5/24/2011 6:13:44 AM
Thanks for finding that key. I was trying to start an FAQ on DragonDivide's form, but I'll re post it here. I still need to find the Overgrowth ending.
---
gt- Lone Vortex
#10ThePyreThatBurns(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 7:35:07 PM
Still here. Just haven't had much time to game lately.
---