Temporal Rift puzzle- clockworking

#1Primal622Posted 2/2/2012 7:53:03 PM
Okay I been stuck on the clockworking for over a hour. I can't seem to get past the stage 4. Anyone know of videos or something to help me. I would greatly appreciate it.
#2LORDMUFFIN1Posted 2/2/2012 10:42:18 PM
This puzzle is ridiculously hard.
---
Gamertag:TheDirtySurgeon
It's kinda sad that I still use a blow up doll in order to get sexual gratification. Sad, yet true. - ProfessorXzaver
#3SAYanythingELSEPosted 2/2/2012 11:06:47 PM
I just got through it with sheer luck. It was horrible.
---
Pokemon is good.
#4Primal622(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2012 6:53:14 AM
Yeah I been stuck for along time.. I can't get past stage four.. lol
#5SkyBat82Posted 2/3/2012 4:55:37 PM
Are you all talking about the final rift in Yaschas Massif 100AF?

if so the last stage is like this
top numbers are the the numbers on the clock bottom are the order you should press em 3-2-4-5-3-2-2-3-1-4
10-4-1-5-3-8-2-9-6-7

If your talking about some other place then I apologize lol
#6DahlVaughnniPosted 2/3/2012 7:23:38 PM
SkyBat82 posted...
Are you all talking about the final rift in Yaschas Massif 100AF?

if so the last stage is like this
top numbers are the the numbers on the clock bottom are the order you should press em 3-2-4-5-3-2-2-3-1-4
10-4-1-5-3-8-2-9-6-7

If your talking about some other place then I apologize lol

That makes absolutely no sense.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#7CirrusStrafePosted 2/3/2012 7:31:02 PM
I solved it in about 5 minutes after being sick and tired of doing it randomly for the final phase (earlier 3 or whatever was easy).

This is what I did.

Open up MS Paint or something

Draw the numbers in a really giant circle (you need lots of room for this). Draw each number with a different color. Then draw two lines from each that point to the spots the hands will

Now, using good ol computer science algorithm stuff, find the point on the clock that has either A) no "input" arrows, or B) the fewest input arrows, and work from there (as a general rule, erase the arrows leaving a node you just travelled over, and try to travel to the node of the two that has no input arrows, or the fewest). Number off each one as you go for the order you do it in.

The reason I say use MS Paint is because it's very easy to do it all quick and dirty (keep a save of the image when you're done doing the intial arrows/numbers setup). Also, if you start travelling down a path and it dead ends, just hit undo a few times and try a different path.

Took me five minutes to figure out this way.
---
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.
#8DahlVaughnniPosted 2/3/2012 7:34:33 PM
CirrusStrafe posted...
I solved it in about 5 minutes after being sick and tired of doing it randomly for the final phase (earlier 3 or whatever was easy).

This is what I did.

Open up MS Paint or something

Draw the numbers in a really giant circle (you need lots of room for this). Draw each number with a different color. Then draw two lines from each that point to the spots the hands will

Now, using good ol computer science algorithm stuff, find the point on the clock that has either A) no "input" arrows, or B) the fewest input arrows, and work from there (as a general rule, erase the arrows leaving a node you just travelled over, and try to travel to the node of the two that has no input arrows, or the fewest). Number off each one as you go for the order you do it in.

The reason I say use MS Paint is because it's very easy to do it all quick and dirty (keep a save of the image when you're done doing the intial arrows/numbers setup). Also, if you start travelling down a path and it dead ends, just hit undo a few times and try a different path.

Took me five minutes to figure out this way.

No input arrows? What does that even mean?
---
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#9CirrusStrafePosted 2/3/2012 7:38:14 PM
Dahl, when you map it out with arrows, I mean no arrows flowing into it from another clock number.

Cuz, after all, if it has nothing that goes to it, then it is either impossible to get to or the one you want to start the entire puzzle on.

If a clock number has only ONE arrow pointing at it, then you want to ensure that you always go to that one from the thing pointing at it.

If this confuses you more, I can go slap up some examples on imgur.
---
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.
#10JrkgamerPosted 2/4/2012 7:43:14 PM
So stage 4 is a huge pain in the butt. I tried it out randomly at first for about 20 mins then realized there had to be some logic to it. I basically worked backwards. I chose the "1" at the 3 oclock position to be the last number i would remove. From there i drew out a tree of combinations untill i found the right path that got rid of all the spots. So long story short:
Pick the "6" at the 10 oclock postion as your first choice. The pick the only corresponding choice in this order.

6 (initial-10 oclock position) - 3 - 4 - 6 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 1

That should do it. This works as long as these levels aren't randomly choosen. You'll be able to tell quite quickly if this is the case. Good luck!