Royal Ripeness battle 2

#1ShinyMasamunePosted 2/12/2012 11:33:05 PM
So, I am assuming I can get the second fragment in 300AF Sunleth by actually beating the Royal Ripeness outright rather than jumping through hoops to fight Mutantomato.

I went back (just got to Academia 500AF) to clean up some lose ends and closed Sunleth to fight this dude. However, I'm having tons of trouble. Both characters have mastered three roles each. Are there any monsters or paradigm strategies that should come in handy here?
---
Currently Playing: Ico, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy X (Wakka Only, OSGNCNBB challenge)
Recently Finished: Shadow of the Colossus, Zelda: Skyward Sword
#2VeliconisPosted 2/13/2012 5:32:51 AM
Three max level roles probably isn't gonna cut it. Level up more and come back at a later time.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#3xRyudoPosted 2/13/2012 6:59:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nrDKQo0aA

Here's a video of the boss fight if you need it. (Full power battle).

Paradigms used:
1. SAB/COM/SEN
2. MED/SYN/SEN
3. RAV/COM/COM
4. COM/COM/COM
5. RAV/RAV/SEN
6. COM/SYN/MED

It's a bit messy but it worked.
#4OldManCloudyPosted 2/13/2012 4:16:40 PM
i know the fragment you mean and i had trouble finding it too
head east from the crossroads and use the vine to swing across , turn around immediately and go down to the platforms , the fragment is down there , look up and moogle throw
---
Not knowing who Cloudy is is unaustralian. =/ Bek
#5OldManCloudyPosted 2/13/2012 4:17:45 PM
that being said fighting royal ripeness without weakening will give you a paradox ending and a fragment
---
Not knowing who Cloudy is is unaustralian. =/ Bek
#6abnergoinbigPosted 2/13/2012 4:42:25 PM

i just beat him with all COM's but we were all 99

#7DepictingMenacePosted 2/13/2012 4:47:57 PM
I think I only had a one role maxed when I beat him, though I might have had two. Your strategy is to get the boost guage as high as possible. It will never decrease to zero because the boss can't stagger it'll take awhile because you have to negate his constant healing.

Have a X/MED/SEN as a paradigm and manually use Antidotes to remove poison and wound potions to regain hit points. When you see him reach back and are anticipating attacks, go to SEN/SEN/SEN and then switch to an appropriate paradigm. Because I was vastly underleveled, it took me three attempts and my suceeding battle lasted 20-30 minutes. Just remember to keep your HP in check and to avoid being greedy with damage. Pop a Librascope at the beginning to avoid having your support attempt to figure out the weaknesses. Also the Grimoire Hat is Godlike.

Good Hunting :)
#8Ephemeral_BeingPosted 2/14/2012 7:52:46 AM
Really? I had level 60ish on 3 roles and like 2 Sen, no Med to kill him. I just used Green Chocobo to heal, a Sen to tank the large hits, and got the stagger bar to max. He dies in like 4 rounds of Com/Com/Rav.

People wait until max Crysyarium to fight him? What about Atlas?
---
Coniido, 18X Buccaneer
PeriTheLame, 15X Bishop
#9AlcatrazLPosted 2/14/2012 8:06:36 AM
Think you need the paradox scope to actually beat him full powered (which you get after bearing the story). Last fragment should be something different. Look for it on the monster trail
---
Maya: "SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!"
Phoenix: "No, Maya, that is SPARDA."
#10xRyudoPosted 2/14/2012 9:31:00 AM(edited)

Think you need the paradox scope to actually beat him full powered (which you get after bearing the story). Last fragment should be something different. Look for it on the monster trail

No you don't.

You just have to beat him before solving the Paradox that weakens him.
At the time of me making that video that I posted I was still in the process of beating the final boss, so I had no paradox scope, but it still unlocked.

It's the same for Atlas, the Scope isn't required.