Lightning has gotten a bit hotter looking this time around.

#1knightimexPosted 1/19/2011 7:00:30 AM
oO

I tip my hat to the graphics department on Lightning's model design. :)

It's hard to tell if she is trying to be a slut, or if she is even more pissed off. *shrugs*
(Know how some girls look cuter the madder they become?)

Also...
I really hope this game has greater improvements over the last game.
---
Diehard Old School Gamer for Life!
#2kahPOWPosted 1/19/2011 8:39:48 AM
Haha.

I love when people say that. "I hope this game has improvements!"

That's so incredibly vague and subject to opinion it doesn't really mean anything!
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2011 10:04:55 AM
1. No need to upgrade weapons until you reach the END of the game.

2. Best part of the game is AFTER you beat the game.

3. The tutorial should NOT go any further than 5 hours into the game not 35+ and several CDs later.

4. Leveling up takes FOREVER.

5. Stagger is more of a gameplay forcing gimmick than a alternate form of attack.

6. Summons are beautiful, but RARE and mostly unnecessary.

7. Press A2win on most basic battles.

8. Being forced to fight the most powerful enemy 50+ times to get one item (like traps) is ridiculous!

9. Main character gets defeated EVERYONE loses even though they Could bring her back to life, who would want to do that?

10. Majority of most (larger) battles look like this.
Buff-Debuff-cure-attack-stagger-wash rinse repeat-win.

There is easily 10 major things that need to be improved.
I could go on, but it's too painful.
---
#4NettoSaitoPosted 1/19/2011 11:55:11 AM
I'd kind of like a normal level up system, but I did like the new (er old?) set up. Maybe they could do something like, have it so everytime you level you can pick a path to go down? Then again that'd be kind of limiting if the max level were to be 100...

Really I'd like the battle system to stay the same and everything, but it would be nice if they made the game harder but included the ability to heal the leader after they die. Being able to switch who you're playing as during battle would be nice 2.
---
Cyber Net - The worlds first Megaman Battle Network RPG forum started in 2002!
http://www.mmcnet.net
#5Sputnik1337Posted 1/19/2011 12:22:03 PM

10. Majority of most (larger) battles look like this.
Buff-Debuff-cure-attack-stagger-wash rinse repeat-win.

thats essentially how every fight happens in final fantasy minus the staggering.
---

TWSSted Colonel
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2011 4:30:17 PM
Sputnik1337 FFXIII has some how manage to make it boring though.

Magic used to be powerful, flashy, and effective now it's weak, unimpressive, and lost it's flair.

"other" ff games had characters who had a secondary attack or ability unique to who they are.

Terra was able to morph.
Edgar could use tools.
Edge could use ninja magic and was able to throw stuff.
Strago on FF6 could use enemy magic.

There was also desperation moves, limit breaks, other things that made ff fun and interesting.
---
#7LuckNotDoWithErPosted 1/19/2011 7:02:21 PM
All I want out of FFXIII-2 is a slightly more robust battle system, side quests inside towns with an opportunity to visit the inhabitants, a few worthwhile mini games (but not many) and a MUCH more well rounded class-change system so that summons are useful and every fight can be quite fun. Even if there is an airship, I don't mind whether you can control it or not(its always a nice thought though).

I don't ask more then that. I definitely don't want a whole lot in the end, since I found FFXIII to be quite good; and this is just like polishing the quartz crystal.
#8MonstrTruckTaxiPosted 1/19/2011 10:44:12 PM
ff6 and ff9 were the only games with completely individual character playstyles!
#9MonstrTruckTaxiPosted 1/19/2011 10:45:45 PM
Actually... Eiko and Dagger played too much alike.

Rehash:

FF6 is the only game with completely unique character playstyles!
#10MonstrTruckTaxiPosted 1/19/2011 10:46:07 PM
Actually....

Terra and Celes --