who is hoping just a little less linearity

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. who is hoping just a little less linearity

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
6 years ago#1
i loved the game but thats is the only major problem i didnt even mind the main side quest being hunts but that to me was the only drag down besides there being no leveling
X box live xShEeGoThx

User Info: gangsterlax

gangsterlax
6 years ago#2

It wouldnt have been so bad if they let us break away from main quest. A linear story objective, with an open world is the way to go imo...

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
6 years ago#3
I'd have settled for a dungeon or two with some branches, myself.
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
Playing: Resonance of Fate, Fifa 11

User Info: Carpetfluff

Carpetfluff
6 years ago#4
I could cope with the linearity of the exploration; sometimes it's nice to play a game where you don't feel like you're missing something to find that you might not be able to go back for - but I can't stomach any more of the linear 'do-it-this-way or don't bother trying' battles.

User Info: PrinceBlackMage

PrinceBlackMage
6 years ago#5
I hated the linearity.It has to be like FF xii(no linearity)nothing else of it.You can go to some place imediatly,go back and forth,towns ect. thats all i want from FF xii nothing else
Enjoying Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of light to much!

User Info: Urfrid

Urfrid
6 years ago#6
Me FFXIII was to linear.
GT: Luzeka

User Info: Diesel95

Diesel95
6 years ago#7
yea that BS we let slide in Infinte undiscovery but we wont let slide for FF

make it towns open liek FF X and IX were have side questsd... lil games use the tools of the past (FF 3 chrono tigger phantasy star..etc) then biuild on that!!

i dont mind some linarcy but this had way too much

the Battle syetem was total Crap i coudl beat the whole game jsut button mashing one button it was pathetic.
I just looked at my watch... looks like Big Daddy Cool time!!

User Info: LuckNotDoWithEr

LuckNotDoWithEr
6 years ago#8
It was fine in Star Ocean 4. I say go that direction, make it bigger with that same good ol' Gran Pulse feel this time.

User Info: syrusfan

syrusfan
6 years ago#9

I'm more of a linear player I'll admit. Though I'll accept side quests and such if they are optional

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. who is hoping just a little less linearity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived