Final Fantasy XIII-2: Moar emo, moar fmv, and moar hallwayz

#1Death_By_SmileyPosted 1/25/2011 2:54:48 PM
It'll be the best game ever.
---
People for the Death Penalty confuse me. What if Jesus was sentenced to death? Wait...what?
---West Virginia University---
#2bIuerainPosted 1/25/2011 3:11:09 PM
You have to be more subtle than that, TC. I don't think any sane person will bite the bait.
---
Funky Strong
http://i52.tinypic.com/2hchyis.png
#3jrels0583Posted 1/25/2011 9:58:21 PM
Sorry it wasn't Grand Theft Auto enough for you.
#4Death_By_Smiley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2011 7:33:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5TallWhiteNinjaPosted 1/26/2011 11:07:04 AM
^FF13 had great character development, actually: you might not like the characters (I still want to kill Hope), but I thought they were among the most fleshed out in the entire series. And if you want to call these characters out for being "emo" I advise playing some of the older ones (namely FF8) again; not a new thing for Final Fantasy.

Hell, the severe linearity isn't even entirely a new thing: FF10 wasn't as bad, but there was a lot of running in straight lines there, too. Not to excuse it (it was my main complaint about 10, as well), but it's not a new affront to the series, either.

The plot, yeah, that was mediocre even by the series standard. Still, though, this game does not compare that unfavorably to the earlier entries: it's not the series' worst game (FF2 is a mess, even in the remakes. If you want to stick with the modern ones, FF12).
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
Playing: Resonance of Fate, Fifa 11
#6bIuerainPosted 1/26/2011 2:28:47 PM
Two people in this topic are apparently not sane and got baited hard.
---
Funky Strong
http://i52.tinypic.com/2hchyis.png
#7TallWhiteNinjaPosted 1/26/2011 4:08:58 PM
It happens.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
Playing: Resonance of Fate, Fifa 11
#8Death_By_Smiley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 7:00:06 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/candytrapp1.gif
---
People for the Death Penalty confuse me. What if Jesus was sentenced to death? Wait...what?
#9yoh7314Posted 2/5/2011 11:47:34 AM
"No. It just wasn't Final Fantasy enough for me. I remember when Final Fantasy games required exploration and had decent character development and story. Now it's:

We're L'cie (30 hours later) We're still L'cie (20 hours later) Let's kill this Orphan thing even though we weren't supposed to.

Game over."

You sir, have summed up the game perfectly.
#10enewburnPosted 2/5/2011 4:44:01 PM

Death_By_Smiley posted...
It'll be the best game ever.
---

Not that it'll mean anything to a troll like yourself, but one of the very first things that the designers confirmed about Final Fantasy XIII-2 was that it was going to be much more open-ended, with far more towns and NPCs, than FF13. Be a good little boy and do your homework next time.