All I want is...

#1-Excelion-Posted 3/15/2011 6:15:40 PM
A good battle system.

I mean, REALLY good. I particularly loved the Materia-based VII and the gambits and License Board in XII.

Personally, I would go for a hybrid of those two. Materia for using skills/magic, License Board to wear weapons/armour/equipment, Gambits because I loved the micro-managing and that would be one hell of a battle system.

This game's battle system seems just as dull as XIII story.
---
Reason and Girls on GFAQs - Currently MIA
#2LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/15/2011 6:34:29 PM
No to any license board, or I won't get the game. Just stick with an enhanced crystarium or mixture of the Crystarium from FFX, skills from FF8, FF9 etc.
#3CaptainSagaraPosted 3/27/2011 4:07:39 PM
I think the battle system of FF13 was pretty amazing. One of the most amazingly strategic systems I've ever seen in fact.

All I want is...for there to be an easier way to earn money in the next game. Farming platinum off the oreturtles was a pain in the butt!
---
"Let's play this democracy game, shall we?" Lelouch (Code Geass Episode 22)
#4joelenheimerPosted 4/10/2011 5:51:54 PM
how about towns, shops, and more interesting places to explore, and a world map. That's all that really ruined XIII for me. Not having any of those things.
---
PSN- Joelenheimer
XBL- Joelenheimer
#5TrueSephir0thPosted 4/10/2011 10:44:56 PM
^ this. all i want is to be able to point the left joystick in a direction other than up
---
GT= Human Centipiid
#6CryofthePlanetPosted 4/11/2011 5:16:53 AM
I think the battle system of FF13 was pretty amazing. One of the most amazingly strategic systems I've ever seen in fact.

All I want is...for there to be an easier way to earn money in the next game. Farming platinum off the oreturtles was a pain in the butt!

Woah, looks like I have a twin! :D
---
Bassist of Cadence by day, hardcore gamer by night.
X, IX, VII, XIII, Tactics, Tactics Advance, V, IV, II, VI, I, III, XII
#7DizzyDalePosted 4/11/2011 10:09:15 AM
CryofthePlanet posted...

Woah, looks like I have a twin! :D

Looks like we're triplets!! >:D
---
(>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<)
#8chris1001 the sequelPosted 4/15/2011 3:14:28 PM
*starts flame war*
Matera is IMO the worst battle system in the franchise, doing anything like that would be a fast way to ensure I don't get this.

The battle system here was great. Felt like a natural evolution of the ATB system. Only wish of mine would be a more traditional setup as far as towns and dungeons are concerned. I understand why FF XIII did things the way it did and I don't hold it against them, but still.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#9Dracolich_TitanPosted 4/16/2011 7:50:02 AM
I found the crystarium to be a very boring, albeit effective way of leveling up. They need to make the leveling more rpg-esque, instead of simply having you hold down the button while your CP is spent on predetermined stats.
#10xGrimoirexPosted 4/16/2011 10:32:50 AM
Dracolich_Titan posted...
I found the crystarium to be a very boring, albeit effective way of leveling up. They need to make the leveling more rpg-esque, instead of simply having you hold down the button while your CP is spent on predetermined stats.

Somewhat this. I want the characters to have more freedom with more than their class, but none of the tabula rasa crap that WRPGs have. There's no strategic to use one character over another if they can all become the same.

I wish games could do characters the Final Fantasy Tactics way, where you get awesome main characters later on(Meliadoul, Agrias, Mustadio, etc.) but you have to decide between leveling them up or keeping your beefed up generics. Doesn't seem like it would fit this game though.