Famitsu review 40/40 We have confirmed FF13-2 will be the best FF game

#1MuZemikePosted 12/15/2011 5:08:30 PM
FF13 is currently the best FF game ever. But It seems FF13-2 has surpassed FF13, achieving perfect 40/40 scores.
- Takes roughly 40 hours to finish
- Up to 100 hours (or more) with all the yarikomi elements
- Get drawn into the game from the start
- Story is easy to understand
- Has DLC
- Tons of content
- Many monsters
- Party is always Noel, Serah + monsters, which will lead to some mixed opinions
- You’ll need to use a high degree of strategy during battles
- “Light users” can change to easy mode
- One reviewer believes the game lives up to XIII
- Multiple endings
- Has a different “feel” than XIII
- Can go back to areas you’ve cleared and see new developments if you do them again
- Leveling up monsters is fun
- Difference between CG/normal gameplay scenes isn’t high because XIII-2 is so pretty, according to one reviewer
- Battles are fun
- There are a lot of sidequests and conversation choices
- Multiple endings make one reviewer want to play the game again
- Sudden changes in the game’s time periods make it all seem fresh
- Looking for items is fun
- Can move around in certain event scenes
- Music is impressive
- One reviewer thinks changing around paradigms and monsters make the battles fun
- Also thinks collecting monsters and merging them is a lot of fun
- XIII-2 has many mini-games
- Many of the first game’s flaws are gone
- You’ll get hooked to the story from the beginning; you’ll worry about the characters’ futures
- Game has “tips” that can help those who are having trouble understanding the story
- Still has that crunching feeling in the battles from XIII
- More accessible; even new players can enjoy XIII-2
- High degree of freedom

Greatest Games of All-Time list

1.Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)
2.Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS)
3.Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360)
4.Final Fantasy X (PS2)
5.Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2)
6.Final Fantasy VII (PS)
7.Tales of Vesperia (PS3/360)
8.Xenogears (PS)
9.Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
10.Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
11.Machi (SS)
12.Yakuza 4 (PS3)
13.Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
14.Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2)
15.Okami (PS2)
16.Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)
17.Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
18.Tales of Graces (Wii)
19.New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
20.Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SNES/PS)

Source
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=138232
#2ChronuxPosted 12/15/2011 9:04:44 PM
FF13 best game ever? lol sad
#3Evanescence_GERPosted 12/16/2011 7:24:59 AM
famitsu is a totally credible and independent source of critical game journalism just like the rest of the industry because they are totally not paid by the people they should evaluate.
#4KrichulPosted 12/16/2011 4:32:06 PM
- Has DLC

lol, that's like saying "THIS CAR HAS THE ABILITY TO RUN ON PETROL! IT'S A FEATURE! BUY NOW!"
---
http://bit.ly/gc2uao
#5mellow09Posted 12/16/2011 5:46:41 PM

So one reviewer thinks it lives up to FF13, but based on a aggregated score it is better . . . um?

#6LaLiLLuLeLoPosted 12/16/2011 10:25:36 PM
Considering that Final Fantasy VI is the best game ever period, no, this won't be. I hope it will be close though.
---
Who are the Patriots? I am the Patriots...no, not the football team. They can take arrows to the knees, do the whole NFL a favor.
#7LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/16/2011 10:58:02 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is easily the best Final Fantasy game ever made.
(Compared to others, that is..)

Final Fantasy XIII was merely "good" and average in comparison.

*SPOILER*

This is the only FF game where the world ends. FFXIII-2.....Presto, concerto. 50+ hours of Chrono Trigger style time solving.
#8caffiend7Posted 12/19/2011 4:19:37 PM

LaLiLLuLeLo posted...
Considering that Final Fantasy VI is the best game ever period, no, this won't be. I hope it will be close though.
---
Who are the Patriots? I am the Patriots...no, not the football team. They can take arrows to the knees, do the whole NFL a favor.

*HIGH FIVE* I'm glad others realize that FFVI is the best(tired of hearing about FFVII)

#9RanmaRanmaPosted 12/19/2011 7:30:06 PM(edited)
The fact they gave 13 a 39 renders any review they give null in my book. I'm not going to sit here and slam 13 nor attack anyone who likes it but it had numerous obvious flaws (hence the TOTAL restructuring of 13-2) that makes Famitsu look like nothing but paid off fanboys.
---
"and THAT was E3!"
#10Minatokun13Posted 12/19/2011 10:20:02 PM
RanmaRanmaRanma posted...
The fact they gave 13 a 39 renders any review they give null in my book. I'm not going to sit here and slam 13 nor attack anyone who likes it but it had numerous obvious flaws (hence the TOTAL restructuring of 13-2) that makes Famitsu look like nothing but paid off fanboys.

Every reviewer does this with at least some high profile releases. It is by no means Famitsu exclusive.

On the other hand, XIII-2 has mainly high reviews on Amazon Japan, and they pretty much say the same things the famitsu review does. And considering that Amazon Japan had a ton of bad reviews for XIII after it came out I doubt all the reviewers on Amazon were paid off.