General consensus for best SYN?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. General consensus for best SYN?

User Info: Xetrev

Xetrev
5 years ago#1
Don't want to level up loads of different monsters, so which is considered the best one overall?

Is Yakshini's Feral Link THAT good that I should just level him? Because I was going to do Lightning for my Rav but decided to stay with Cloudburst for the FL cuz it is just that awesome. But if I can get a -good- SYN then I'm thinking I can forgo Cloudburst for the better (and more versatile) Lightning.

Thanks.
For the power of man to make himself what he pleases means, as we have seen, the power of some men to make other men what they please.

User Info: WingBowlMVP

WingBowlMVP
5 years ago#2
Sazh from the DLC, Texteron (more cost effective but not as good), or purple chocobo

Generally speaking when leveled up the chocobos are the best.

User Info: i_like_pie123

i_like_pie123
5 years ago#3

the guidebook says purple chocobo is one of the best.

most of the chocobos seem to be some of the best in their categories

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
4 years ago#4
Everyone I talk to about the game swears by the Purple Chocobo, once fully leveled up and infused. PC can power-buff the entire group, and keep buffs going for a decent duration. Yakshini seems to be a good "second place" Synergist (honestly, I do NOT see the appeal... then again, mine isn't infused), and Sazh is a decent enough Synergist... but he's very slow to cast buffs, and usually doles out the protective buffs well before giving offensive buffs. However, he does have all the "En___" spells right off the bat, making him perfect for players who don't know about proper infusions yet (like me!).

User Info: Xetrev

Xetrev
4 years ago#5
PC it is. Anyone know where I can find a good build for it? Tried looking in sakurayule's forum post over on PS3 forums but not found anything.

I'm thinking of doing one with as many "auto-" abilities as I can to cut down on buff time, can someone who knows tell me if this is the best route?
For the power of man to make himself what he pleases means, as we have seen, the power of some men to make other men what they please.

User Info: MyBigToeHurts

MyBigToeHurts
4 years ago#6
Taly932 and others worked on one in a long forum board area about "Infusion Monster Builds; Accepting Submissions for FAQ; Thread 2"

Monster: Purple Chocobo
Monster Role: Synergist
Build Authors: 108Rogar (step-by-step by Taly932 & Exentryk)

The Build:

01) Critical: Protect (RL)
02) Augment Maintenance II (RL)
03) First Strike (YL)
04) Auto-Haste (9)
05) Auto-Vigilance (8)
05) Auto-Bravery (7)
06) Auto-Faith (7)
07) Auto-Protect (7)
08) Auto-Shell (7)
09) Magic +35% (7)
10) First Strike (6)

Gather these Monsters:

01) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo
02) Lv. 45 Sahagin Prince (Auto-Haste + Faithga)
03) Lv. 30 Amanojaku (Auto-Vigilance + Enfire, Enfrost, & Enthunder)
04) Lv. 29 Narashima (Auto-Bravery)
05) Lv. 45 Metallicactuar (Auto-Faith)
06) Lv. 35 Garganzola (Auto-Protect)
07) Lv. 40 Spiranthes (Auto-Shell)
08) Lv. 22 Tonberry (Magic +35%)
09) Lv. 58 Clematis (First Strike, Resist Poison +66%)
10) Lv. 58 Clematis (First Strike YL, Resist Poison +66% YL + Boon)

Infuse in this order:

01) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 58 Clematis (First Strike, Resist Poison +66%)
02) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 58 Clematis (First Strike YL, Resist Poison +66% YL + Boon)
03) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 45 Sahagin Prince (Auto-Haste, Resist Poison +66% Unlock + Faithga)
04) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 30 Amanojaku (Auto-Vigilance + Enfire, Enfrost, & Enthunder)
05) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 22 Tonberry (Magic +35%)
06) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 40 Spiranthes (Auto-Shell)
07) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 35 Garganzola (Auto-Protect)
08) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 45 Metallicactuar (Auto-Faith)
09) Lv. 98 Purple Chocobo <-- Lv. 29 Narashima (Auto-Bravery)
---
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. General consensus for best SYN?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived