How to get Amodar Crystal!

#1ZetaSonicPosted 4/28/2012 9:09:06 AM
Can anyone tell me a strategy on how I get Amodar crystal. I got Lightning crystal last night and I try to get his crystal 4 or 5 times but no luck getting his crystal. So if anyone know a way getying Amodar crystal please tell me?
#2mrbeef523Posted 4/28/2012 10:26:09 AM
I understand he has a low drop rate, but I got him the first time I fought him so I can't really offer any specific strategy. Honestly I wouldn't really worry about getting him anyway, Chichu is a way stronger COM even without a specific God-Build.
---
GT: Ellipsis415
Playing: MW3, SR3, FF XIII-2, AC: R.
#3rosariocapu2Posted 4/30/2012 5:21:24 PM
i wouldn't worry about getting Amador's Crystal since the only one you really need to get is Lightning's.
#4Foul_DawnPosted 4/30/2012 6:09:44 PM
I'm not so sure, I had trouble with Lightning but I think you can only tame Amodar if he's in his Limit Break form. Maybe you'd have to stagger and then launch Amodar and defeat him with a Offensive Feral Link, for example I used Kweh Kweh by Golden Chocobo. This is how I got lightning after the.... 70th or more try.
---
Serah, A Pulse L'cie yet reawakening as a Seeress of Etro. Doomed fates of both but a true hero in my book.
#5TBD2009Posted 5/1/2012 11:09:45 AM
The only time I caught Amodar, was after defeating Lightning, first. This might have been just pure luck, but I fought him for almost two full days (we're talking eight hours a day, trying to get him, after getting Lightning the day before) and the ONE time I killed Lightning first, THAT'S when he drops his Crystal for me.
#6Kooler2006Posted 5/1/2012 12:43:16 PM
TBD2009 posted...
The only time I caught Amodar, was after defeating Lightning, first. This might have been just pure luck, but I fought him for almost two full days (we're talking eight hours a day, trying to get him, after getting Lightning the day before) and the ONE time I killed Lightning first, THAT'S when he drops his Crystal for me.

Not sure its required to beat him last. When I capped him, I had beat him first, but I had blasted him with a feral link that did massive dmg to him :p I think it just comes down to poor rng.
---
Claire needs to ditch Odin and ride Chichu around as her personal pony
GT: PsykkoMike
#7TBD2009Posted 5/1/2012 12:52:59 PM
Like I said, it might have been a complete coincidence that I captured Amodar the ONE time I decided to fight him last... especially since I've talked to people about my struggle capturing him, and they told me they caught him first, following the same strategy of "Kill Amodar first, and then Lightning" that I'd been doing for a week and change to capture her silly butt.

So, yeah... I think it was just the RNG hated me for that one battle. Not that I should complain... Amodar and Lightning were the hardest monsters for me to capture... everything else, Wood Wraiths included, took only a handful of attempts to collect. I'm sitting at a 100% complete monster collection.
#8rosariocapu2Posted 5/1/2012 7:06:53 PM
i captured Amodar's crystal the first time i fought them and then everytime afterwards then after fighting them for 5+ hours i finally got Lightning.