What's the Name of Final Fantasy's Combat System?

#1Travis51Posted 12/29/2012 12:12:31 PM
Is it turned base combat? I don't play Final Fantasy games to be honest. But, I am curious of what Final Fantasy's fighting style is where they stand in row and you just press a button.
#2tiornysPosted 12/29/2012 3:27:22 PM
Yes, the original Final Fantasy's combat is typically referred to as "Traditional Turn Based". wiki: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_System

t~
#3wanderzPosted 1/4/2013 3:15:54 PM
but that is not the combat system in this game.

final fantasy has changed a LOT over the years.

in fact about the only similarities left are the name final fantasy, most of the spells and abilities, summoned monster allies (bahamut, shiva, etc), chocobos, all the real FF games are RPGs, and there is always a character named Cid somewhere.
i believe from 1 - 13 there is always "airships" as well.. for the earlier games that was usually an old wooden ship with propellers that flew, now they are more like jets, futuristic jets or spaceships.

i just realized in13-2 i don't recall any airships!! what the? and technically no Cid. he died in ff13

forgive my grammar, i am very sick and very medicated.. my eyes are watering so much the screen is kinda blurry.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#4nyte_blaydePosted 1/6/2013 1:48:40 AM
wanderz posted...

i just realized in13-2 i don't recall any airships!!

There are airships in 13-2, at the end of the game, when you fight Chaos Bahamut(?) at the end of the game, before Jet,Amber, and Garnet Bahamuts.
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
PSN: XWintersHowlX