Can someone recommend a monster team to me @ archylte steppe?

#1Splungent_FloobPosted 1/3/2013 12:42:04 PM
I've just finished my first visit to archylte steppe, and I'd love if I could get some monster recommendations. I've basically been using the same 3 monsters from the very beginning of the game and haven't even trained them much because I don't want to waste materials. I'd love to know some good monsters I could get at this point, either from the archylte steppe or from previous areas.

Any recommendations at all? Thanks very much in advance!
#2Nelo_PortgasPosted 1/3/2013 12:50:18 PM
You can basically get the best COM and best RAV right on the steppe.
Chichu and Cloudburst respectively.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-xiii-2/Recommended_Monsters

Follow that and dont worry about wasting materials. If you did it earlier you could have experimentet a bit, learnt a bit about infusions and all. But remember to focus on the elements, for COM's, use mainly Power materials and Mana materials for Ravs. Max their stats. Chichu is a one-shot deal so try not to mess up his build too much.
---
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Nelo-Tattoo/tumblr_lc9n0wlFUT1qzozj1.gif
#3Mental_DaxterPosted 1/3/2013 4:20:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Splungent_Floob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:34:16 AM
Thanks very much Nelo!
#5tiornysPosted 1/4/2013 2:31:48 PM
Two of the best overall SENs are on the Steppe too: Goblin Chieftain is excellent thanks to its awesome Feral Link, and Pulse Gladiator is possibly the most durable non-DLC SEN in the game. I'd recommend Goblin Chieftain; GC's and Cloudburst's Feral Links more or less duplicate the function of a SYN monster, which lets you use a RAV/COM/SEN monster pack without completely losing the great offensive buffs.

t~
#6Splungent_Floob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 4:49:33 PM
Thanks for that - I'll probably pick up a Goblin Chieftain tomorrow then!

Just got Chichu - while I'm posting; does anyone know where to farm for power slivers, as I'm guessing I should level him up with those mostly
#7tiornysPosted 1/4/2013 5:07:18 PM
You should definitely level Chichu with power materials. Power Slivers are easiest to get by buying them, but that's not available until next episode. Your best source for now is probably Gandayaks.

You might consider going to Bresha Ruins 100 to pick up a Munchkin, which is an excellent early game COM that you don't need to worry about messing up developmentally. And next episode, you might pick up a Dragoon as an excellent replacement for the rest of the storyline. Developing Chichu also works, obviously.

t~