Do you enjoy Cinematic QTE?

#1masked_yazooPosted 1/6/2013 4:30:51 AM
Well, I would be lying if said I am not impress on that system but its kind of a hassle when you are watching the scene then suddenly you have to press something out of the blue like whenever you are about to relax then... you know the drift.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#2CatMutoPosted 1/6/2013 8:57:38 AM
Meh. I've played the game and the QTEs so many times by now, I kinda know by heart what to push when. Or I just simply skip the ones I can - like the Lightning one in the beginning.
Although I'm sure I'll be confused when I import the PS3 version...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3nyte_blaydePosted 1/6/2013 11:21:35 PM
Once we get the PSVita version, I will cry because my 60 hours of gameplay will be worthless... On the bright side, at least I know what's going on...
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
PSN: XWintersHowlX
#4HolystarPosted 1/11/2013 12:27:24 PM
I dislike QTE's in general, especially if they happen say after a tough boss fight and screwing up might force you to redo the boss fight if you're a completionist.

Plus, I just prefer to watch FMVs without having to worry about button presses... but that's just me.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3, JP)
Most wanted: Mass Effect 4 (X360, US), Star Ocean 5 (X360, JP) ^_^
#5FalazurePosted 1/11/2013 9:03:14 PM
I don't dislike them but I would have preferred a feature to turn them off in new game plus so you can just watch the cut-scenes instead of having them pop up.
---
"Hope left with the saint, the savage brought salvation."
#6Boricua_Kidd21Posted 1/23/2013 9:08:48 PM
Falazure posted...
I don't dislike them but I would have preferred a feature to turn them off in new game plus so you can just watch the cut-scenes instead of having them pop up.

This.
#7MegidolaonPosted 2/2/2013 5:44:42 AM
Yeah.
I don't like the button tapping ones cause I usually notice just barely in time that I have to press the button more than once.

QTEs are best in their own context, i.e. outside of regular battles and outside of actual cutscenes, like Shenmue II did it.
Especially in a game like this they only distract from the cut scene.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4qp0wv7cDUA#t=22s
#8j800rPosted 2/8/2013 1:39:15 AM
People whined that in XIII all the cutscenes made it feel more like a movie. This was Squenix's answer to that. Personally it's one of the very few things I actually like about XIII-2