The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Bresha Ruins -005 AF- Fragment help

#1PeterWongPosted 1/12/2013 3:59:14 PM
Hi sorry if this question was answered already, but I need some help obtaining the Unio Mystica, Ars Symphonica, Vita Lyrica fragments in Bresha Ruins -005 AF-

My issues are WEIRD.

UNIO MYSTICA - I've talked to the Captain to get the mission. I've located/found/open both Treasure orbs where both capsules are supposed to be from the FAQs.
The 1st one with the Moogle Hunt ability outside tunnel and the 2nd one at the 1st underground tunnel, down the stairs to the left.
But I've still only came up with one [CAPSULE] in my inventory. Did my [CAPSULE] get switch out somewhere else?

ARS SYMPHONICA - I didn't talk to Cordelia to get the mission, but I was playing the game and came across Cordelia's [Personal Notes].
Now I'm tracking down Cordelia. I've found her, the girl with the skimpy shirt, but I can't talk to her and interact with her, so that I can give her the [Personal Notes].

VITA LYRICA - Same issues with the ARS SYMPHONICA from the above example. So, during my quest, I've found Morris's [ARMY COMM DEVICE].
So, now I'm trying to get Morris to talk to me...but he doesn't have an open dialogue action button for me to talk to him so that I can give him is [ARMY COMM DEVICE].

And I have the same issue with MISERY'S BEAD in Yaschas Massif -010 AF- where I've gotten the [BEHEMOTH FANG] but I can't find Brenda, who is located in the south walking around near Chocolina.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong to complete these missions.

Do I need to first accept the mission before finding these items in order to activate the mission?

Your advise and suggestions are gladly welcome.

-Peter
#2Kooler2006Posted 1/12/2013 4:13:25 PM
You can only have I think two side quest turnins at a time. Once you complete say the capsule one, you should be able to turn in the com device or the notes. It's weird, but work with it.
#3PeterWong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 4:25:50 PM
Kooler2006 posted...
You can only have I think two side quest turnins at a time. Once you complete say the capsule one, you should be able to turn in the com device or the notes. It's weird, but work with it.

Hey Kooler2006,

Yea..currently in Bresha Ruins -005 AF- , I only have 1 <OPEN> Mission, the one for the [CAPSULES], so I can take on another mission, but none of the people -- Cordelia or Morris.

and I currently don't have any missions in Yaschas Massif -010 AF- <OPEN> there. So, I can take any missions, such as Brenda's one. But she won't talk to me either.

Is it maybe that I'm too late in the game or that I've somehow missed my chance. I'm currently on Episode 4 in the game, in my first run go through.

-Peter
#4Kooler2006Posted 1/13/2013 1:03:19 AM
There is no 'missing your chance' in 13-2 for stuff like this. Any and all side quests can really be done at any time once you have access to their time period. The guard for the capsule quest moves around. I recall picking the quest up at one location, and finding him in another when I went to turn it in.

Also, are you sure you picked up both capsules previously? If not, you might search youtube for the fragment quest and see if you can find something there that might help you.
#5CatMutoPosted 1/13/2013 2:57:20 AM
I think I recall Brenda not being there at times or, at least, her quest not activating until a certain point in the game.... but I really can't recall at what point that was...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#6PeterWong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 4:44:27 AM
@Kooler2006,
Thanks again for responding back..yes, I've picked up both Treasure Orbs according to the FAQs that are posted here.
The 1st one right outside the 1st tunnel when MOG starts twitching with the Moogle Hunt ability and
then I walk into the underground tunnel, down the stairs to the left for the 2nd treasure orb at the end of the wall.

It's really fustrating...that I've search the whole region and unlocked all the treasure orbs..but I'm missing one capsule.

OKay, I'll check the youtube video. Thanks for the recommendation.

@CatMuto,

Thanks for that feedback. Okay...I'll try check in regularly.

Thanks for everyone that has contributed...it's so weird that all the characters with missions won't talk to me. I have all the items in my inventory to complete the mission...I just haven't activated the mission. It's just sOOOooo fustrating... I really want to complete the Bresha Ruins so that I can get the <Rolling in CP> Fragment Skill :(
#7elissapPosted 1/28/2013 11:35:16 AM
Hello - I am having this *exact* same problem. I am able to do quests in other areas, but I am missing something in Bresha 005...

The man next to Alyssa in the cemetery has no talk bubble, and the people in town have talk bubbles but nobody has a name or quest for me. I have found the Notes and other quest items though.

Also exactly the same issue with the 2nd capsule and I swear I *scoured* the place. I even tried to close the gate and reset it, and did not have any luck. In Bresha 300 I find the bear and flower but can't do anything with them.

I feel like I skipped something after killing Atlas maybe?
#8elissapPosted 1/28/2013 11:41:01 AM
PeterWong posted...

and I currently don't have any missions in Yaschas Massif -010 AF- <OPEN> there. So, I can take any missions, such as Brenda's one. But she won't talk to me either.

-Peter

I had this problem as well - the YM missions opened either by completing Sunleth to open Serendipity, or by visiting the Void Beyond for the second time (not sure which it was).

When you go to those areas, be sure to travel back through the portal at least once from each location, as opposed to menu-ing to the Historia Crux. Same for the Coliseum.