The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Download Content Question

#1CelesEsperIce3Posted 1/17/2013 8:50:59 PM
I pretty much only use my 360 for playing JRPG's, and have never connected it to the internet because the few I've played never needed it.

How exactly do I get downloadable content?
What is the easiest(cheapest) way to connect it to the internet?
I have no credit cards thanks to my wife so is there a different pay option?

Probably not the right board to ask, but since this is the first non-Wii game to even make me consider it, here I am with noob questions.
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#2nuclearpizzaPosted 1/17/2013 10:05:41 PM
You can buy cards at stores worth Microsoft Points. Usually you'll find 1600 points for $20, very few places sell just 800 point cards.

You would redeem a code on the point card to get the points on xbox live and then go onto the marketplace and buy the DLC with the points.

Not sure what you mean exactly with question number two so I will answer it best I can.

You can use an ethernet cable($20 or less) and connect to the internet and xbox has a silver account and a gold account. Gold is only for playing Multiplayer games and some stuff is only available if you have a gold account such as Netflix and some special sales on games and dlcs.

Silver is free. Somewhat limited, but thats all you would need. You cant party chat, but you can private chat. You can still have friends and download dlc and demos and games with silver.
---
Playing:Far Cry 3,Final Fantasy XIII-2. Mass Effect 2 and 3.
GT: Rainingoblivion
#3CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:50:17 PM
Sweet, so what you're saying is that I can just disconnect my computer from the internet and use its cable on the 360 and I can use Silver and Microsoft point cards to download the extra content. Thanks for the help.
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#4nuclearpizzaPosted 1/18/2013 3:42:01 AM
Thats all you need to do. Glad I could help.
---
Playing:Far Cry 3,Final Fantasy XIII-2. Mass Effect 2 and 3.
GT: Rainingoblivion