Need help defeating Chaos Bahamut / Caius Ballad (Academia 500 AF)

#1C4ZMaxWaveGunPosted 1/28/2013 11:37:52 AM
I am having a really hard time in these battles, so guys, what's the best way to kill them without hassle? I have COM, RAV and SEN maxed out. SAB, SYN and MED are all below level 10 if it has any difference.
#2C4ZMaxWaveGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:41:06 AM
And yes, I'm new to this series, this is my first ever FF game. lol
#3Kooler2006Posted 1/28/2013 1:55:57 PM
go back and grind out cp to level your other stuff. Some people might disagree to an extent, but I think your crystarium build sounds rather weak....It isn't recommended to just throw all points into one or two roles until maxed...There is actually a somewhat hidden system in the way the crystarium works that is not explained ingame. Check out the Crystarium guides in the FAQs section for help on that. It really does make a significant difference :D

I would suggest getting more Synergist and Saboteur abilities on your characters (Noel is stronger Synergist. Serah is stronger Saboteur) and make sure to buff your party and debuff enemy as much as you can
#4C4ZMaxWaveGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:51:16 AM
Kooler2006 posted...
go back and grind out cp to level your other stuff. Some people might disagree to an extent, but I think your crystarium build sounds rather weak....It isn't recommended to just throw all points into one or two roles until maxed...There is actually a somewhat hidden system in the way the crystarium works that is not explained ingame. Check out the Crystarium guides in the FAQs section for help on that. It really does make a significant difference :D

I would suggest getting more Synergist and Saboteur abilities on your characters (Noel is stronger Synergist. Serah is stronger Saboteur) and make sure to buff your party and debuff enemy as much as you can

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that, so I spent all my CP carelessly. If I actually tried to keep it balanced for all the roles, I wouldn't have had to worry about something like this.
#5tiornysPosted 1/29/2013 7:11:58 AM
It's entirely probable that you could beat the game as you are with a good paradigm pack and a solid strategy, even without the SYN/SAB/MED development that might be recommended. Do Noel and Serah have any SYN and/or SAB abilities learned? If so, which ones? And also, what monsters are you using at the moment?

t~
#6C4ZMaxWaveGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:56:06 AM
tiornys posted...
It's entirely probable that you could beat the game as you are with a good paradigm pack and a solid strategy, even without the SYN/SAB/MED development that might be recommended. Do Noel and Serah have any SYN and/or SAB abilities learned? If so, which ones? And also, what monsters are you using at the moment?

t~

I did some CP grinding today and now I believe I have every single ability unlocked for all the roles (except MED, I think). And in battles I tend to use Albino Lobo which I believe I have leveled up to 44.
#7Kooler2006Posted 1/30/2013 1:15:11 AM
I would suggest you get Cloudburst for Ravager monster instead of Albino Lobo. It is one of the best possible ravagers, plus its feral link buffs your party.

Also Try Goblin Chieftain for a Sentinel monster. It is pretty good and its feral link also buffs your party
#8tiornysPosted 1/30/2013 5:12:18 AM
Is Albino Lobo the only monster you're using? Even if you don't go with Cloudburst and Goblin Chieftain (which are excellent suggestions), I at least recommend that you fill out your paradigm pack. RAV/COM and SYN or SEN is the usual recommendation.

t~
More topics from this board...
Flanitorspankythesloth47/18 4:30PM