The Coliseum battles DLC take WAY too long....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. The Coliseum battles DLC take WAY too long....

User Info: godslayer88

godslayer88
4 years ago#1
Noel's STR at 1040, Serah's MAG at 1002, Golden chocobo STR 900.

Tried a couple of them, beat Omega, then I tried Typhon and Snow. But even myself completely buffed, them DEbuffed AND stagger, I whack like crazy and at the end of the stagger (which already takes quite a while to achieve) there's like, 8% HP off or something.

I did that once on Snow and after I saw that I just ragequitted. I seriously lack the patience for crap like this --_--'
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/

User Info: destrian522

destrian522
4 years ago#2
Try using a better Commando. Golden Chocobo isn't very good. Chichu and Armor Lightning are typically used.

Still, 8% seems really low (though I guess it depends on the fight). It sounds like there is something else going on, too. Care to be more specific?
CWLSIV

User Info: godslayer88

godslayer88
4 years ago#3
The stats I submitted were from last night after the Snow fight. I had Imperil on him constantly, just before I finally got him to stagger I switched to SAB/SYN/SEN, sticked him with Deprotect and Deshell and myself with Bravery/Faith. When staggered I first switched to COM/RAV/COM , attacking like crazy, and when his stagger got high enough I switched to Cerberus. A single attack from Noel did about 30K damage, Serah with her Ruin around 12K and Golden Chocobo around 20K.

So I just kept attacking, Snow stayed in the air thanks to Launch, and when his stagger was over there was just that 8% off. I checked with R1 and he had like 99.999.9999HP in total or something. No wonder. But it took me a pretty long time to get him staggered with 2 RAVs (because the third was a SEN) even with Imperil. Then I basically had to go through that whole ritual again and I was like "oh hell no, screw this" and I quit.

For weapons, I'm walking around with the ehm...I forgot the names...those weapons you need to make yourself with drops from Ochu and Immortal and 4 adamantites in total. I had Silver Chocobo for SEN, and buddy Sazh for SYN, both at max. With Serah as leader my paradigms looked like this:
COM/RAV/SEN To slow the stagger gauge decrease
RAV/RAV/SEN To stagger
SEN/RAV/COM To prevent Sovereign Fist
SAB/SEN/SYN For the buffs and debufffs
SAB/RAV/SEN To stick Imperil while attacking and building stagger
MED/MED/SEN To heal if necessairy
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/

User Info: destrian522

destrian522
4 years ago#4
What about an Enspell?

Those paradigms are for Snow? It's hard to win when you aren't dealing damage. Your best chaining paradigm has a Sen in it and there are only two Coms there total (and they aren't in the same paradigm).

I've never fought this guy, but I don't think you want a Sen monster here. If you do go with one, use the Cloudburst/Goblin Chieftain combo. You won't want Chichu for Snow. Armor Light would be helpful if you had her.
CWLSIV

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
4 years ago#5
And you want Cactuar if you don't have Lightning. Cactuar can eat chunks out of Snow's HP even before you stagger if you have Deprotect active.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. The Coliseum battles DLC take WAY too long....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived