Questions about how many fragments you need for ending.. Please Help..

#1DarkBalta_basicPosted 2/2/2013 4:21:57 PM
Ive got around 120 fragments out of the 160 right now.. I know the game has multiple endings.. I want to get the best one.. do i need every single fragment to get the good ending or is the threshold lower?

Thanks for any help guys, sorry to bug ya
#2Kooler2006Posted 2/2/2013 9:21:45 PM
You cannot change the games ending. You can get paradox endings with the paradox scope by doing certain challenges or battles with the scope turned on....such as defeating Atlas without weakening him(that one doesn't require paradox scope, but that will show you one of the paradox endings)

only thing getting more fragments will do on that front is open a 'secret ending' which still doesn't really change the ending. Just adds a little more to it.
#3ExternicaPosted 2/3/2013 1:55:20 PM
There is no "best ending". There's the true ending you'll get regardless of fragments and then there are six or seven Paradox Endings, the bad endings if you so like.

The first two Paradox Endings can be triggered once they pop up.
For example:
Accepts Lightning's offer to stay in Neo Bodhum and killing Atlas without making it weaker.

To trigger the remaining Paradox Endings, you need to beat the game and activate the paradox scope.
To see the final Paradox, you need 160 Fragments and beat the final boss with the paradox scope active. I'll tell you right away, this doesn't affect the ending at all. You'll see a new scene after the credits roll.
#4j800rPosted 2/5/2013 1:06:00 PM(edited)
Here we have the perfect example of someone disappointed by Final Fantasy XIII-2's terrible ending. I still say the ending was a major screwup and cash hog on Squenix's part and none of the DLC actually continues the story. Lightning's one shows what happened to her but the story is still left at that terrible dead point with zero closure.

Major spoilers in the next paragraph and I don't know how to hide the text.

Serah's dead. Gone. Caput. Just like Aeris was in VII and there's no bringing her back. The big kick in the teeth this time is the fact that she was the game's main playable character which would be like Cloud dying at the end of VII or Zidane at the end of VIII or such. Nothing was truly accomplished. They didn't really "save the world" as such and all they achieved was giving Serah an early death. Lighting's Story will not remedy this as it only follows Lightning. This doesn't bug me too much as I much prefer Lightning but I'd have sooner XIII-2 focused on Lightning

There is no "best ending". The ending just sucks and ironically one of the early "false endings" is actually far better than the true ending and kinda adds a little closure.
#5CatMutoPosted 2/6/2013 3:43:13 AM
I like the ending, no matter how depressing it kinda it - it just shows the futility of their actions and how it would actually be better if humans didn't try to screw time up in any way, even if they think "it's for the better".

By the way, what about the FF VII ending? (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD)
Wasn't it so that it fades to black just as the comet is about to do something and then we have a 500 year gap and we see that Nanaki/RedXIII is alive, but not the rest? Nothing is resolved there, either, so heck. Maybe Cloud did die at that part.

This is not counting the complete stuff that came afterwards. (Really if it doesn't have anything to do with Aerith or Zack, I just can't give a s***)

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#6j800rPosted 2/7/2013 7:22:48 AM
Oh, the ending is ok for a movie or book but this is a video game we're talking about. All that work and nothing was achieved. No sense of victory. No satisfaction after completing a game. You mention VII but at least there they succeeded. They defeated Sephiroth and stopped meteor (only just).

I don't know. I just remember getting to the end and feeling "what? Is that it?? What was the point?" I've never felt like that at the end of any other FF game. I give it a pass cause it's a sequel and not a main FF title. XIII had a resolution. Granted, XIII-2 was a big "up yours" to that resolution but it still had one.
#7CatMutoPosted 2/7/2013 12:23:40 PM
j800r posted...
Oh, the ending is ok for a movie or book but this is a video game we're talking about. All that work and nothing was achieved. No sense of victory. No satisfaction after completing a game. You mention VII but at least there they succeeded. They defeated Sephiroth and stopped meteor (only just).

I don't know. I just remember getting to the end and feeling "what? Is that it?? What was the point?" I've never felt like that at the end of any other FF game. I give it a pass cause it's a sequel and not a main FF title. XIII had a resolution. Granted, XIII-2 was a big "up yours" to that resolution but it still had one.

(SPOILERS for VII)
Well now, I will mention the compliation for VII where it's said that Sephiroth is too filled with hatred in the lifestream, so he won't disappear and he can return any time he pleases so... did they really succeed?
(SPOILERS END)

All I hope for the next game, Lightning Returns, is that they do not have Sera return. In flashbacks and as a mental pillar of strength is just fine (You know, the same thing she was in XIII) but not all the way. You know what I mean.
There'll be outcries from fans demanding why "this wasn't done for Aerith".
Plus, Sera was an intensly boring character to me, so bringing her back would be terrible.

C-A
---
Give it a rest already!
#8j800rPosted 2/8/2013 12:41:44 AM
Serah is dead. You can't bring back the dead.

As for VII, that is never mentioned at the end of the main game and the Lifestream actually helps stop meteor. I'm not counting Advent Children as that was just stupid (and a fan service cash cow)
#9CatMutoPosted 2/8/2013 1:39:30 AM
j800r posted...

Spoilers, man...

Well, people also say that you can't kill gods (done several times in previous FFs, also in XIII and XIII-2) or destroy time (also XIII-2) and all sorts of other stuff. But they managed to do that in XIII-2 and if Lightning Returns somehow manages to salvage that Time Crash.... well, I'd be disappointed cause the end of XIII-2 seemed like something that really can't be fixed. But if they do fix it, I'm sure they'll somehow go the way of getting Sera back.

C-A
---
Give it a rest already!
#10MegidolaonPosted 2/9/2013 4:12:59 PM
Dude, this game is all about jumping around in time and changing future and history.
Obviously Serah won't be dead for very long.
The least she'll be alive again at the end of the next game.
I hear it takes place a few hundred years after this or something or whatever but when you got time jumps it doesn't even matter.

Anyway, how the ****ing hell do I unlock paradox endings?
I wanted to get the Bresha 005 paradox ending but somehow nothing happened.
I got 4/8 fragments, beat the main story, I got the paradox scope skill and turned it on in the menu.

This is what I did:
- Went to Bresha normally cause I forgot to reset
- went back to hc, closed the gate
- entered Bresha 005 and beat Atlas' arm (story was not really reset, I wasn't thrown in hail this time and no cemetery scene with Alyssa)
- went to the mark on the map for the real Atlas fight and had a live trigger, chose B (something about only knowing how to charge ahead or whatever)
- LT ended, did not do anything to weaken anyone
- started Atlas fight
- perfect finish for cinematic action
- the instant atlas is defeated I get the loading screen back to historia crux
- open gate again cause WTF?
- save & quit & post here

Don't tell me I have to do the paradox endings in the right order?
This is the first I tried to get.
Or is there something else I am missing or did wrong?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4qp0wv7cDUA#t=22s