Any chance of a "complete" edition for this game with all DLC included?

#1blackmystPosted 2/7/2013 1:19:52 PM
Now that Lightning Returns is on the horizon, any opinions on whether a "complete edition" for XIII-2 could actually happen? Resi 5 got a Gold Edition which was pretty nice, and I'm sure there have been other games. But I'm not sure Squenix would do this.
#2CatMutoPosted 2/7/2013 2:17:07 PM
I don't think they would do that... That's what I like about DLC, you can (generally) choose exactly what you want in the game added in - okay, there are parts where you get things you don't want (I only want certain costumes for certain characters in DoA5 but they are in separate sets...) but generally it's just what you want.
If they released a version with all DLC included, well, your hard drive would be filled with the kinda useless weapons and some DLC that you might not want. Like the Snow one or most of the battle arena ones for me...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3blackmyst(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:05:33 AM
Well that's why I said, maybe have all that stuff on disk so it doesn't waste any space.

But regardless of whether you prefer it or not, I wonder if it's actually in the realm of possibilities that SE would even consider this, business wise.
#4CatMutoPosted 2/8/2013 1:41:50 AM
Well, business wise it depends on what the masses want. XIII-2 is "old" and most people are probably close to or have 100% of the game through, along with all the achievements and anything else that could be unlocked.

So if a complete edition with all DLC came out, would people buy it? They'd probably moan for a while that they had to buy all the DLC, but in the end... would you buy something that you have completed 100% and replay it for another 100% again, just because it has everything added to it?

Generally, no.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#5ExternicaPosted 2/8/2013 2:56:54 PM
I also don't think there will be a "complete" edition.
First of all, every DLC is just a bonus. Nothing more, they don't contribute anything to the story, like Dragon Age' Witchhunt for example.
13-2 gives you bonus bosses, which you can ignore to your hearts content. They are fun to fight against, but there's not much else to them.
Costumes? They are just cosmetic awards and there are already good weapons in the main game, so you won't need the DLC-Weapons.
And the bonus episodes? They do have scenes, but I wouldn't say they tell a good story or a story at all, unlike DA's Episode-DLCs. Even RE5 DLC-Episodes enhanced the storyline a little.
Requiem can be considered to be an addition to 13-2' additional ending, but it doesn't add anything we don't know already. Sazh and Snow? Nah, I don't think so.

As said before, they are bonusses, which can be fun, but you can still enjoy the game without them.