Should I finish the first one?

#1youshallbeasgodPosted 2/13/2013 9:00:24 PM
This game won my heart when it made a QTE and asked me to choose between Ruinga and Gravity against the long hair angry guy. I'm a big fan of QTE when it's done right and I'm liking this so far.

I'm in Chapter 13, in FF-XIII, the red.. weird flying.. computer level. I stoped playing because I lost all interest in the game. Should I finish it? Does this unlock new items in FF13-2? Thanks in advance
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#2tiornysPosted 2/13/2013 10:51:42 PM
If you've truly lost interest in FFXIII, then no, don't bother finishing it. You won't get anything to contribute to your FFXIII-2 experience (aside from story, and you can get a synopsis of that from FFXIII-2).

That said, what made you lose interest in FFXIII so close to the end? If it's story or character related, I might be able to offer help, depending on specifics. If it has to do with the battle system, there's a good chance I can rekindle your interest.

t~
#3youshallbeasgod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:43:10 AM
tiornys posted...
If you've truly lost interest in FFXIII, then no, don't bother finishing it. You won't get anything to contribute to your FFXIII-2 experience (aside from story, and you can get a synopsis of that from FFXIII-2).

That said, what made you lose interest in FFXIII so close to the end? If it's story or character related, I might be able to offer help, depending on specifics. If it has to do with the battle system, there's a good chance I can rekindle your interest.

t~

I think it was the level design and enemies that turned me off. I'm back playing but now I'm stuck against some enemies.. in front, a red giant minotaur and to the left, 2 bikes, each bike explodes the whole screen and takes half of my team HP with it, then the other bike explodes the screen at the same time and takes the other half of my life and I die, jesus christ.

I just want to know what happened to Lighting =(
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#4tiornysPosted 2/14/2013 3:11:20 AM(edited)
Yeah, the endgame enemies can be overwhelming if you don't know how to deal with them. The best way to handle Aquila Velocycle (the bikes) is to stagger it while it's charging that massive explosion. Doing this will cancel the attack in addition to the other benefits of stagger. You should be able to stagger one with a single round of Tri-disaster once it rears up and exposes its underside. With good coordination, you might be able to stagger both Velocycles, but staggering at least one will allow you to survive.

For Immortal (the big red guy), you want to work on buffs and debuffs, and be sure to kill its blade with extreme prejudice when it shows up. With Haste, Enfire, Bravery/Faith, Imperil, and Deprotect/Deshell, you should be able to kill Immortal in a single stagger.

What party and paradigms are you using at the moment, and have you considered changing things up?

t~
#5ExternicaPosted 2/14/2013 3:10:14 AM
youshallbeasgod posted...

I'm in Chapter 13, in FF-XIII, the red.. weird flying.. computer level. I stoped playing because I lost all interest in the game. Should I finish it? Does this unlock new items in FF13-2? Thanks in advance

Yes, finish it. Chapter 13 is the last chapter, you're a rock throw away from the final boss. Might as well make it through the final dungeon. It's not far anymore.

Anyway, for having a save from FF13, you'll unlock a crystal in XIII-2 which raises the odds of a good outcome for the Slots in Serendipity. Not by much, but considering the slots will give you a Fragment, any help is apreciated.

You'll also unlock two treasure chests that contain a Serah and Lightbning Mask as adornment and you'll get a Lightning Gamer-Picture.
However, any save will do, you don't need to beat the game. When you start a New Game, select to load a XIII savefile and you're good.
#6MegidolaonPosted 2/20/2013 1:25:15 PM
I think it was the level design and enemies that turned me off. I'm back playing but now I'm stuck against some enemies.. in front, a red giant minotaur and to the left, 2 bikes, each bike explodes the whole screen and takes half of my team HP with it, then the other bike explodes the screen at the same time and takes the other half of my life and I die, jesus christ.
Not using the right paradigms.
Bikes announce big attack so swap to sen/sen/sen or sen/sen/med for a moment.
sentinels reduce damage a lot and easily draw enemy attention as well.
Use protect / shell (most like you only need protect).
Use Libra and the according en-element skills or just faith/bravery.
Then stagger and they go down without too much trouble.

For the final boss stage 1, poison MUST be applied. Low chance but it's more or less the only way to beat him.
The rest of the fight keep a syn/syn/med and/or syn/med/med paradigm ready to deal with the absurd amount of debuffs (he has a skill that kills everyone with debuffs).
Med alone is not enough cause due to his skill removing buffs is more important than healing but med favors healing over esuna.

For beating him you actually get a f***ton of CP and a new crystarium expansion.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4qp0wv7cDUA#t=22s
#7destrian522Posted 2/20/2013 3:29:22 PM
Megidolaon posted...
For the final boss stage 1, poison MUST be applied. Low chance but it's more or less the only way to beat him.
The rest of the fight keep a syn/syn/med and/or syn/med/med paradigm ready to deal with the absurd amount of debuffs (he has a skill that kills everyone with debuffs).
Med alone is not enough cause due to his skill removing buffs is more important than healing but med favors healing over esuna.

For beating him you actually get a f***ton of CP and a new crystarium expansion.

Poison isn't necessary. In fact, it isn't even important. Veil is more important. That's the best way to deal with all of those statuses. Poison is powerful if you are massively underleveled, but otherwise your should be staggering and smacking the boss around.

You get 0 CP for winning the fight.
---
CWLSIV
#8JkickitPosted 2/21/2013 1:47:52 AM
Externica posted...

You'll also unlock two treasure chests that contain a Serah and Lightbning Mask as adornment and you'll get a Lightning Gamer-Picture.
However, any save will do, you don't need to beat the game. When you start a New Game, select to load a XIII savefile and you're good.

I did this and all I have is the gamer pic, how do I go about getting the rest?
---
Oh no meng! http://tinyurl.com/ak6xxbcFF XIII/Skyrim = 100% - --- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Skyrim, PKMN White 2, and PKMN Crystal.
#9CatMutoPosted 2/21/2013 3:58:33 AM(edited)
Jkickit posted...

Noel Picture - obtain "Chronosavior" Achievement by beating the final boss with a 5 Star Rank

Moogle Picture - obtain "Fair Fight" Achievement by beating Raspatil on Normal Difficulty

Sera Picture - obtain "Defragmented" Achievement by having all 160 Fragments

XIII Lightning Picture - obtain all Achievements

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#10ExternicaPosted 2/21/2013 7:14:26 AM
@CatMuto
I think he's talking about the two masks.

Jkickit posted...
Externica posted...

Well, one mask is at the Void Beyond in Chapter 5, after beating Academia 4XX AF. The other one is in Serendipity. You'll reach it during chapter 3.