Specific Enemy Locations

#1masked_yazooPosted 2/15/2013 6:38:51 AM
Tezacatlipoca (Academia 500 AF)
Dreadnought (Vile Peak 10 AF)

Been circling the place but to no avail...
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#2ExternicaPosted 2/15/2013 7:02:22 AM
> Tezacatlipoca

Oh, isn't that the "I'm super rare and will only appear once and only when Xolotl and that other thing wasn't triggered before"?
Yeah, you're going to HATE that one.

Close Academia 500 AF, then make your way to the area at northeast.
Or simpler: Go to the end of the dungeon and instead of walking to the final bosses, head east. On the plattform after the stairs you'll encounter this one as a rare monster. To make sure this one pop up with higher odds, activate the fragment skill that raises the odds of fighting rare monsters.
Tezacatlipoca will be shown as a distortion, like the Tonberries. If Xolotl and Miquiztli are fought instead, you have no choice but to leave Academia 500 AF, open the gate and reclose it. Because Teza won't appear if Xolotl and Miquiztli have been triggered.

As for the dreadnaught... *grabs strategy guide*
Oh dear, no special information given, must be a rather common enemy. In case it's a rare enemy, activate the fragment skills that increases the chance of rare monsters popping up and increase the encounter rate.
#3masked_yazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:18:33 AM
I don't really like replaying Academia 500AF stage but oh well a little vodka might do the trick.. Hmmm, regarding the other one I already switch the rare encounter on but still I get the usual enemies...
---
#4achilleszeroPosted 2/15/2013 7:38:42 AM
Dreadnought isn't rare. It only spawns in 2 places. In the first tunnel on the left/south path and then after the circular platform but before the large drop down on the right/north path.
#5CatMutoPosted 2/16/2013 3:36:44 AM
Tezacatlipoca will be shown as a distortion, like the Tonberries. If Xolotl and Miquiztli are fought instead, you have no choice but to leave Academia 500 AF, open the gate and reclose it. Because Teza won't appear if Xolotl and Miquiztli have been triggered.

That's the wrong part, there's an easier way.
First thing to do is to save on the stairs just before the necessary platform.
Then, if Teza doesn't appear Exit the Game - do not go back to Historia Crux!
Reload your savestate and you should appear at the stairs again, go onto the Platform again and hope that Teza appears this time. If it doesn't, repeat the previous steps.
That's what I did when I needed that monster and it worked just fine.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#6masked_yazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:05:13 AM
achilleszero posted...
Dreadnought isn't rare. It only spawns in 2 places. In the first tunnel on the left/south path and then after the circular platform but before the large drop down on the right/north path.

Thanks Dude, I found Dreadnought in that place.

I'm going to get Tezcatlipoca last but first I need to get this two monster in Arc Steppe.

-Cloudburst (I always find Debris instead)
-Metal Gigantuar (Where are you hiding?)
---
#7achilleszeroPosted 2/16/2013 4:50:27 AM
CatMuto posted...
First thing to do is to save on the stairs just before the necessary platform.
Then, if Teza doesn't appear Exit the Game - do not go back to Historia Crux!
Reload your savestate and you should appear at the stairs again, go onto the Platform again and hope that Teza appears this time. If it doesn't, repeat the previous steps.
That's what I did when I needed that monster and it worked just fine.

C-A

You dont have to quit and reload. Running away will retrigger the spawn. Just keep jumping on and off the platform until Tezcat does appear. Quit and reload if you dont get the crystal (expect to do this 10-30 times).
#8ExternicaPosted 2/16/2013 8:42:03 AM
masked_yazoo posted...

-Metal Gigantuar (Where are you hiding?)

That should be at the gorge that seperates the Swamp-Area from the rest of the Steppe. It's a rare monsters that appears in a distortion. Oh, and it needs to be sunny.
Can't help you with Cloudburst, other than that it appears on cloudy days at south-east.
#9Kooler2006Posted 2/16/2013 11:29:32 AM
For the Academia 500 one, you DO NOT have to reload the game or anything if the wrong one spawns. What happens is as soon as your feet touch the platform, one of the two possible spawns will show up immediately. If it is a distortion fight it. If not, jump back off the platform and run up the stairs until it disappears, then try again until the distortion appears.

However if you do get into combat with the wrong set, then you will have to go back to the crux and re-lock the place
#10Kooler2006Posted 2/16/2013 11:37:00 AM
Cloudburst (Cloudy weather)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiCG-CiAI8

Metal Gigantuar (sunny weather)(Distortion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhx7wePw5s