Why does Mog have to exist

#1jintarmanPosted 3/25/2013 9:05:56 AM
I may be beating a dead horse here but I just started playing this, just got to the part where you meet up with Hope, and I want Mog to die in a fire. Serah can use a normal bow. Not only does it look weird and out of place, it flies around right in front of your damn camera. Any way to stop this from happening?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#2CatMutoPosted 3/25/2013 4:44:59 PM
No. Try to ignore it? Otherwise, you could download the costumes for Mog and try to use the most inconspicuous one...
The ending will redeem your hatred.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3ExternicaPosted 3/26/2013 4:07:58 AM
Uh... I met far worse things than Mog in other JRPGs, so I didn't mind that thing.
Sure, he looks like a child molester with this head he has, but at least you can throw him around.
I found Lloyd and Colette from Tales of Symphonia to be much worse.
#4jintarman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:11:45 PM
I don't play too many jrpgs so I don't get too much of the uselessly "cute", overly Japanese stuff thrown in my face. The first ff-13 seemed to do a good job of keeping things on a more serious not which I appreciated, all I can think of is the chocobo chick lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5Kooler2006Posted 3/27/2013 3:51:49 PM
Why so much hate, Kupo?
#6PhoenixSenpaiPosted 3/29/2013 2:03:36 AM
I will admit that Mog is slightly irritating and I would agree it's because Mog makes it feel slightly less serious, you have an amazingly awesome bad guy like Caius and then Mog's hovering there as he talks....And it really takes away from the seriousness and awesomeness of that scene. I would've preferred if they had kept the moogle design from FF12, those moogles actually looked life like and practical and their "Cuteness" factor would've still been there somewhat, as well as them actually looking the part, not like something that should be stuffed with fluff and sold at build a bear.
#7kewldude475Posted 4/19/2013 8:15:41 PM
So much Mog hate.

I thought he was absolutely adorable.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#8CatMutoPosted 4/20/2013 9:34:03 AM
kewldude475 posted...
So much Mog hate.

I thought he was absolutely adorable.

Eh, the moogle has its on and off moments - I like it when I enter Bresha AF 100 or 300 and we see a devious side, all money-grubbing and such. Other times, I wish I could mute that thing. I guess it's a cute-level thing. I like cute things, but too cute just irritates me...

C-A
---
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation
#9masked_yazooPosted 4/23/2013 3:24:44 PM
In the ending... I never shed a tear for Mog...
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#10CatMutoPosted 4/24/2013 2:15:20 AM
masked_yazoo posted...
In the ending... I never shed a tear for Mog...

Heh, yeah... although I make a joke of it. XD
I don't care at all about Sera, but when the moogle reacts, I cry, "No, not the moogle!!" D=

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation