So, I'm confused on XIII-2 and XIII-3 Transition...?

#1Master_Arbiter4Posted 4/19/2013 11:23:13 PM
I haven't beaten this game yet, so I'm just curious...
When I do beat the game, which ending will this game run off of to get XIII-3's story...?
And, what's the "official" ending to this game?
(Please mark spoilers for which ending. I'm going to beat them before reading how they tie into XIII-3...)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me PeePz * I don't hump the Bible, the Bible humps me
Love the Final Fantasy Series... 17 years old
#2CatMutoPosted 4/20/2013 6:08:19 AM
The "official" ending to XIII-2 is the one you get by simply finishing the main story. It doesn't change - the paradox endings are just things that could happen if certain other bosses had been the final boss at that point in the game.
The official ending: Caius commits suicide, everybody goes to Academia AF 500, the gates close to stop all time-travel and Sera dies. Then Etro dies and chaos is unleashed over the Gran Pulse, time ceases to exist and the world basically turns into Valhalla. Lightning is in crystal stasis on top of Etro's throne.

The only thing that adds onto the ending is Lightning's DLC Episode. It does nothing more than add a little bit on why Lightning is the way she is in the ending of XIII-2.
The add-on: Lightning turns herself into crystal to be an eternal epitaph for Sera. She awakens 300 years later to see the end of the world and (possibly) trying to prevent it. That's where the story goes into Lightning Returns.

C-A
---
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation
#3lercaraPosted 4/22/2013 6:43:52 PM
Cat pretty much has it down.
---
Memento mori
More topics from this board...
Flanitorspankythesloth47/18 4:30PM