A sure way to defeat full power Atlas please

#1daizengar7Posted 4/26/2013 10:50:17 PM
I can't figure a good combination to defeat this guy. Help please
#2Boricua_Kidd21Posted 4/26/2013 11:15:10 PM
Are you fighting him in the beginning/early chapters? Or post game. If it's early in the game, did you weaken him by finding his power source thing in those underground tunnels?
#3CatMutoPosted 4/27/2013 3:43:59 AM
The topic says full-powered, so he either didn't use the machine or doesn't want to.

If you are early on in the game, it's practically impossible to defeat him full-powered. None of the monsters you can get is strong enough to survive and, while you could grind for CP in the area, it would take a very long time to get decent enough to defeat him. Later chapters/Post-Game makes it easier as you have better equipment and higher parameters.

As Atlas has no real Stagger Point, there's no typical Get Chain Gauge to Stagger and then go Beat his Ass. Have RAV/RAV/COM to steady the chain somewhat and RAV/RAV/RAV if you want to, to really increase the chain gauge. No matter if staggered or not, 500% is a definite goal to get to, as COM attacks do much more damage then.

Every two or three rounds, Atlas will move.
Always go into SEN/SEN/SEN for that, even if it's just for a few seconds while he hits you. If necessary, heal yourself. Preferably with a Potion and Grimoire Hat equipped. Buffs and Debuffs are not that useful, I don't remember if full-powered Atlas was immune to all debuffs...

Anyhow, once the Gauge is at 500% or up, focus on using physical attacks or Ruin on him. Although, by the time I got the Chain Gauge to 500%, his HP were already pretty low.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation
#4tiornysPosted 4/27/2013 3:57:31 AM
Buffs and debuffs could be extremely helpful if used properly. Atlas has 80% chain resistance, so the conditional bonuses for buffs and debuffs will be a significant portion of your chain building. He naturally halves all elements, so Imperil will double the value of your normal chain bonuses. Deprotect or Deshell + Faith or Bravery will combine to multiply your damage by 245%, which means you can get the same damage that CatMuto was dealing at 500% chain by using those buffs and debuffs and raising the chain to a mere 200%. And of course, Protect will help you manage his damage output.

The debuffs look like they might be rather hard to inflict; Atlas has a lot of resistance to status ailments. But buffs are easy and potent. Faith/Bravery alone is a 175% multiplier and well worth the time.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#5CatMutoPosted 4/27/2013 11:09:58 AM
Debuffs help, indeed, but I found Atlas to have a pretty high resistance to them actually sticking... buffs, yeah, kinda helpful... sometimes. I dunno, I felt like Buffs and Debuffs got pretty weakened, compared to XIII.

C-A
---
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation
#6destrian522Posted 4/27/2013 12:34:05 PM
Deprotect and Deshell are significantly weaker. Imperil is not. Bravery and Faith actually got more powerful, and now there are -ga variants for the whole party. Bravera and Faithra don't exist. Enspells are as strong as they were in the previous game.

Still, sticking Deprotect and Deshell is generally a good idea against tougher enemies and can be done fairly easily at high chain. A 30% boost in damage is noteworthy. I can't remember what strategy I used to beat Atlas full-powered, but I did it fairly easily in Episode 3 without grinding.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
#7Boricua_Kidd21Posted 4/28/2013 7:57:29 PM
CatMuto posted...
The topic says full-powered, so he either didn't use the machine or doesn't want to.

C-A

Well I feel sheepish, hahah. I must have been tired to miss something so obvious o_O
#8daizengar7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:38:28 PM
Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm almost at the end of the game and I really want to kick Atlas's ass before getting the paradox scope. So what beasts do you suggest I go with for COM/RAV/MED/SYN/SEN/SAB?
#9CatMutoPosted 4/30/2013 3:52:26 PM
daizengar7 posted...
Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm almost at the end of the game and I really want to kick Atlas's ass before getting the paradox scope. So what beasts do you suggest I go with for COM/RAV/MED/SYN/SEN/SAB?

Chichu is the best COM monster available, even when I compared him to COM Lightning. Chichu beat her in terms of Strength in the higher levels - and I mostly used Potent Crystals to upgrade COM Lightning and Chichu.

Cloudburst is the best RAV monster, but is also on par with RAV Lightning. I always found it was easier to get RAV Lightning than to encounter Cloudburst on the Archylte Steppe... Cloudburst's Feral Link gives some pretty nifty boosts.

Overall, though, a SEN monster shouldn't be used constantly in a battle. Unless you are fighting certain boss battles and just want them to focus their attention on the SEN. Like when fighting Snow or Proto-Behemoth. I guess it stands between Major Goblin (boosting Feral Link) and Silver Chocobo, although I don't SEN very often...

C-A
---
#10destrian522Posted 4/30/2013 4:28:26 PM(edited)
The main draw for Armor Lightning isn't her base strength (and definitely not her ground speed since Chichu dominates there), but rather her high capacity for damage dealing. Uncapped Damage is just plain good.

For SEN, definitely go for Goblin Chieftain. Nothing else competes. There are no useful SAB/MED monsters. For SYN you have a selection. Yakshini is great because of Fanatical Dance. Purple Chocobo is an effective augment SYN. Sahagin Prince has a debuffing Feral Link. I know Imp is highly regarded for its casting speed, but I never did get around to trying it out. Sazh belongs to the champion pack, but that's really all that makes him interesting.

This is a general post and not specific to Atlas. I'm not sure what you would want for a late-game Atlas fight. I imagine that it will be a total ass-kicking.
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy