Yomi side quest....trouble

#1mccoy607Posted 5/13/2013 4:49:14 PM
I have played through the game ....have 157/160 fragments yet still cant get Tippur to give me a shot at Yomi.....I have tried the weather machine and multiple visits to the HC and have even started over in new Bodhum and played through again to the Steepe but with no luck....anybody have a suggestion?
#2CatMutoPosted 5/14/2013 5:00:09 AM
Check to see if you have any open sidequests in the Archylte Steppe.
You have to defeat Ochu and Immortal before Yomi becomes an available sidequest.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#3Kooler2006Posted 5/14/2013 11:04:57 AM
I think you have to get all cactuar statues and all gigantuars, and then defeat Ochu, and Immortal, and possibly Little Big Foot(Correct me if I'm wrong)...
---
Light sounds tough. Claire sounds sexy.
#4CatMutoPosted 5/14/2013 11:48:05 PM(edited)
Kooler2006 posted...
I think you have to get all cactuar statues and all gigantuars, and then defeat Ochu, and Immortal, and possibly Little Big Foot(Correct me if I'm wrong)...

Long Gui is a side-quest-less monster to fight. He appears at any time in the sunny weather, he doesn't unlock anything at all. But Kooler is right, before you can even unlock the Steppe 'Bosses' you need to activate all five Cactuar Waystones and kill all three Gigantuars.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#5CelestialArceusPosted 6/6/2013 12:42:18 PM
CatMuto posted...
Check to see if you have any open sidequests in the Archylte Steppe.
You have to defeat Ochu and Immortal before Yomi becomes an available sidequest.

C-A

It's not necessary to beat Immortal before this one, as Tipur isn't the guy who gives you the quest for fighting that one. I still haven't beaten the Immortal, I've got the quest active, and I've still been able to accept the one for Yomi